Skip to main content

Edmunds Named a Best Place to Work in Los Angeles

For the eighth consecutive year, the Los Angeles Business Journal has named Edmunds one of the Best Places to Work in Los Angeles.

Edmunds officially ranked 14th in the large-company category, which consists of organizations with more than 250 employees.

"The best investment that Edmunds has ever made — and continues to make — is in our people," said Avi Steinlauf, Edmunds CEO. "This award is a testament to our team's commitment to creating a work environment that fosters collaboration, innovation and employee well-being. We are excited to continue to push the envelope in developing an exceptional work culture as Los Angeles' burgeoning tech and startup scene continues to flourish."

The LABJ honor is the latest in an ongoing roster of awards citing Edmunds for its outstanding employee engagement efforts. Other recent awards include being named one of the country's Best Workplaces for Millennials by Great Place to Work and Fortune. The company was also named one of the Best Places to Work in IT by Computerworld.

One reason for the accolades is the Edmunds Results-Only Work Environment. Under this system, employees are given the freedom to set their own hours and take the time off they need as long as they deliver results for the company.

Other unique benefits at Edmunds include extended parental leave, a TripCa$h policy that reimburses employees up to $500 in vacation expenses, and internal recognition programs, such as Bonusly, which empowers staff to recognize one another's accomplishments with spot bonuses. In addition, employees enjoy a variety of robust personal and professional development programs and an open work environment at EdQuarters, the company's award-winning 143,000-square-foot office, which is located 2 miles from the beach and includes amenities such as free breakfasts and lunches, a frozen yogurt bar, a game room, and on-site yoga and meditation.

To be considered for LABJ's Best Places to Work in Los Angeles, companies had fulfill a number of requirements. These include being a for-profit, nonprofit or government organization with a facility in Los Angeles County, being in business for at least one year, and having at least 15 permanent employees in Los Angeles.

Companies throughout the Los Angeles area were scrutinized through a two-part process to determine which would be named among the Best Places to Work in L.A.

The first part, worth 25 percent of the total, evaluated each company's workplace policies, practices, philosophy, systems and demographics. The second part, which made up the remaining 75 percent of the score, consisted of an employee survey that measured staff members' experiences within their organizations. Best Companies Group managed the registration and survey process, analyzed the data and determined the final rankings.

What our partners recommend


Tow confidently with the available 6.6L Duramax Turbo-Diesel V8 and Allison® 10-speed transmission.

Latest car news from our experts

See all car news