Here Are 5 Things to Know About the 2015 Toyota Corolla:
1. The Corolla has one of the most spacious backseats in the compact sedan class, with plenty of room for adults and child seats.
2. As always, the Corolla offers a comfortable ride. However, even if its handling is better than past models, it still lacks the driver engagement and confidence provided by top-rated compact cars.
3. Both the government and the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety gave it top crash scores. However, in our own testing, we found that Corollas with rear drum brakes stopped longer than the class average. Only the top S Plus and S Premium have rear discs.
4. We recommend the LE Eco trim since its engine and transmission combo are more powerful and efficient than those in other trims. Having said that, all Corollas get excellent fuel economy for the segment. They're also quite slow.
5. All but the base Corolla trim comes with automatic climate control, a rearview camera, Bluetooth Phone and audio, and a user-friendly touchscreen interface. You get decent value for your money, but perhaps more importantly, Toyota also boasts free scheduled maintenance and its renowned reputation for reliability.
We gave the Toyota Corolla a "B" rating and for 2015, changes are limited to the Driver Convenience package being added to the Premium sub-trims. We recommend that you read our full review and consider our top recommended compact sedans: the Ford Focus, Honda Civic, Kia Forte, Mazda 3 and Volkswagen Golf.