The 2017 Chevrolet Tahoe is a truck-based SUV that can hold up to nine passengers and tow your average boat with ease. As a daily driver, however, it lags behind more modern car-based utility vehicles when it comes to ride quality, interior space and efficiency.
- Seating for up to nine passengers
- Standard V8 engine assures plenty of passing power and a substantial tow rating
- Nicely trimmed cabin is one of the best in the class
- Available two-speed transfer case gives the Tahoe better than average off-road capabilities.
- Maneuvering in tight spaces is challenging
- Loading cargo is difficult due to high floor
- Less overall cargo capacity that many other full-size utility vehicles
- Engine doesn't respond to gas pedal inputs quickly enough
- Maximum passenger capacity is available only in the base model.