Here Are 5 Things To Know About the 2015 Toyota RAV4:
1. Unlike its compact SUV competitors, the RAV4 is offered with only one engine option. Its acceleration and fuel economy are average.
2. It boasts more cargo space with its backseat up and down than its competitors. It also has a low load floor and a squared-off roof line that's good for big cargo or dogs. The amount of small item storage up front isn't as good as some competitors, though.
3. Interior materials quality is unremarkable, and real leather seating is not available.
4. The RAV4 is quiet and comfortable to drive, but it isn't as engaging as its top competitors.
5. Toyota is renowned for its reliability, plus the RAV4 includes two years of complimentary scheduled maintenance.
We gave the Toyota RAV4 a "B" rating, and changes for 2015 include additional optional features and improved crash protection. We recommend considering its higher-rated competitors: the Ford Escape, Honda CR-V, Jeep Cherokee, Mazda CX-5 and Subaru Forester.