Spacious, comfortable and easy to drive, the 2012 Toyota RAV4 is good choice for a small-to-midsize crossover SUV, especially if you want a V6 or a usable kid-size third-row seat. Yet newer competitors are definitely worth a look.
- Strong power and fuel economy from optional V6
- Huge cargo space with flat load floor and low load height
- Comfortable ride
- Responsive handling.
- Interior has a budget feel
- Right-side hinge for tailgate impedes curbside loading
- Taller drivers are a tight fit
- Disappointing four-cylinder.