Used 2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Consumer Reviews - 81 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:

my first Chevrolet Silverado
By R. Pullin

2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT 2dr Regular Cab SB (4.3L 6cyl 6A)

This is my first Chevrolet Silverado year 2014. This is a short bed truck and it rides like a buckboard. This truck will beat you to death. The inside instrumentation is for kids and not for men. I don't have time driving down the road trying to figure out all the buttons and what they do. I have received the second recall in this vehicle. I want a truck to be on the road and not in the shop. i traded in a 30 year old truck with a V 8 motor for this truck with a V 6 motor and it does not get any better mileage than the old truck did. That's not saying very much for today's technology. I have loss 18 inches of leg room in the front and 12 inches behind the seat. The cab is claustrophobic. I am right on top of the steering wheel and it's airbag and i can't get away from it. I pray that i will not have an accident. My children will not let my grandchildren ride with us because of the air bags and the close space in the cab. I miss that.

Great truck....But?
By Keith Johnson

2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LTZ 4dr Crew Cab 6.5 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

I would not consider trading this truck but I need a truck that can pull larger items. It will be a Chev. 3500HD

Best truck I have ever owned
By Gary Thams

2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LTZ 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

For a full size truck my 2014 Silverado rides like a Luxury car, as comfortable as my wife's Lexus RX350. Interior comfort and styling are fantastic. I have owned 7 trucks of various brands and this Silverado has been my most pleasurable to drive.

Too many issues!
By Chris Salemi

2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LTZ 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

This is my second Chevy Silverado that I owned. The first one was a 2001 Silverado and had no problems with it. The 2014 Chevy Silverado is a different story. The first thing that happened is cab noise. If it was a windy day there was a whistling sound in the cab. I took it in Broadway Automotive in Green Bay,WI and had a really poor experience. They said the seats would have to be removed and there was probably a cab pressure valve that was stuck. The second problem that happened is the driver seat heater went out. Also the driver seat would make noise and get loose. I had to have that fixed. The final thing that happened is the AC condenser went out in the middle of summer. That was a $1000+ fix. I've owned a lot of vehicles and never had an AC condenser malfunction. Especially in a vehicle that's only a couple years old. I complained to GM but they just directed me back to the dealership who can't do anything. This will be the last GM product that I purchase.

No problems @ 30k !
By Steve

2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Z71 LTZ 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

I've avoided GM products for many years due to the quality of design and workmanship. I was pleasantly surprised when I first drove this truck in '14 & and I still a fan today - would definitely buy it again. Highs - very good mileage for a 7000lb vehicle, very quiet interior, driver interface is very good once you're familiar with it, no problems/repairs other than recalls below, numerous power outlets & usb ports, towing set-up is a breeze, tailgate & bed step features are great. Lows - navigation is ancient tech - use your cell, satellite radio has spotty reception, 3 recalls for minor stuff (seat belt/software upgrade/ trailer hitch), turn radius is poor, throttle response is not linear - slow off the line - suspect this by intent to help gas mileage & reduce wheel spin in 2 wheel drive mode - but okay once you get used to it, dealer maintenance experience (gengris chevy) has been poor - they just don't give a damn about you as a customer.