Sliding off the road into a ditch can really ruin your day. If that's a potential scenario for you during the winter, you should add the 2016 Subaru Legacy and its standard all-wheel-drive system to your test-drive list. Plus, the Legacy offers enough additional benefits to make it a solid pick during those months when the sun is shining. Check out its other virtues below.
- Standard all-wheel drive in a segment where it's extremely rare to even be an option
- Excellent outward visibility
- High-tech safety features work well and are widely available throughout the lineup
- Top crash test scores.
- Slower acceleration than almost every competitor
- Stiffer ride (except Legacy Limited) than many competitors.