Used 2016 Subaru Legacy Consumer Reviews - 53 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 Subaru Legacy Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Legacy model:

4 th Subi
By John F

2016 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Premium PZEV 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Subaru has the best all wheel drive system in the business for an affordable price. I’ve driven this car through 6 inches of water on the highway going 70 miles an hour and the car stayed straight and on course. I live in the Northeast where snow is common and never hesitate to go anywhere in any road conditions. The cars are dependable and relatively inexpensive to maintain and fix. If you’d like to pay $10-$20,000 more for a comparable all-wheel-drive system and a car that will go through the snow equally as well buy an Audi. But if you are looking for a vehicle you can drive 100 to 150,000 miles with no major problems and great dependability Subaru is your choice.

This car is a great value!
By Bill zzL

2016 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Premium PZEV 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Acceleration is just adequate

I own this car, Love my Subaru Legacy Limited!
By Michael Wagner

2016 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Limited PZEV 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I've owned this car for 3 years, it's given me no problems. Nothing but joy. Very comfortable interior, spacious and well-designed. Heated seats both front AND REAR, everything works great and it's very easy to drive. AWD makes navigating in the snow a breeze - I've never felt like I wasn't in complete control. Camel (Ivory) leather inside doesn't get super hot like black leather. The car runs really well, has good guts for a 4-cylinder (1st 4-cyl car I've ever owned!), has plenty of power. Combined mileage is about 18 MPG (most of my driving is short hops in the city) and the ride is very smooth, car handles real well.

Great car, AWD is big plus for our snow season
By Chris Quinlan

2016 Subaru Legacy 2.5i PZEV 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

It's a great car with a few important qualifications to consider: The stock tires aren't very good, so if you buy it for winter driving, as we did, you're going to need replacements very soon after purchase. This car was the 3rd out of 4 Subarus we have purchased (all at the same dealership and sales rep). The others were a Forester (2009), Outback (2012) and another Outback (2017). The Forester and Outbacks are MUCH better in the snow given their higher high ground clearance and are unstoppable on bad roads (except for the cars in front of you of course), the legacy is a sedan, so even with the AWD on all models, you won't get the same ground clearance and hence as good snow performance as the Outbacks or Foresters. DO NOT BUY A BLACK SUBARU!!!! The paint will Scratch incredibly easily. My wife ran it through a non-touchless car wash, the washes that use the big rotating brushes, and the car came out with $300 worth of damage on the hood. But it has also had spots on the roof and trunk. This apparently happens when dirt, bird poop, sap, etc., is on the car in the sun. Whatever it is, the black paint gets so hot it will "cook" it resulting in the paint bubbling up and cause expensive to repair damage. In our case, the dealer went back to Subaru and they're going to repaint the car, mostly due, I think, to the fact that we've bought four Subarus from one dealership in the last seven years.

My First Subi and One of the best
By C

2016 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Limited PZEV 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I just bought a used 2016 Subaru legacy limited with 9000 miles on it. I have researched this car extensively and liked it ever since it came out in 2015. I love it so much after driving it 500 miles in just two days. Fit and finish are excellent, handling is wonderful and it rides and feels very smooth on the road. I have the eyesight system with all the safety stuff which I like. I've read some reviews that say the legacy feels underpowered. I have the 2.5 L four-cylinder and it feels fine to me and more than sufficient. I've driven Hondas and Acuras, Mazdas and Toyotas for the last 20 years and this is one of the best cars I've ever purchased hands down!