Want to have fun-in-the-sun thrills without spending a ton of money? If so, we think the 2016 Mazda MX-5 Miata is right up your alley. This little roadster is all about planting smiles on faces without having to take a second mortgage on your house to pay for it. Read on to see why it is one of our favorite affordable sports cars.
- Extremely fun to drive around turns, even at low speeds
- Available manual transmission is satisfying to shift
- Manual soft top is easy to lower in no time at all
- Prices are very reasonable, whether it's a base MX-5 or fully loaded.
- Cabin gets fairly loud at highway speeds with the top up
- Not much room inside for driver and passenger
- Limited cargo space inside the tiny trunk
- Noticeable amount of body roll during aggressive cornering diminishes the car's precision feel.