The 2014 Nissan Frontier is a solid pick for a midsize pickup truck, thanks to its brawny V6 engine, surprisingly good ride quality and, in Pro-4X trim, superb off-road capability. Toyota has it beat on rear-seat accommodations, though.
- Fun-to-drive nature whether you're off-road or just commuting
- Strong V6
- Easy-to-use interior controls
- Stout bed lining and tie-down points.
- No regular cab body style
- Doesn't handle that well on paved roads
- Uncomfortable rear seats with tight legroom in crew cabs
- Some cut-rate interior materials.