Used 2014 Nissan Frontier Consumer Reviews - 16 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Nissan Frontier Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:

Good value, & for it's size, will tow/carry well.
By Rob

2014 Nissan Frontier SV 4dr King Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

My 2014 was bought used. It was in service for a year and a half with 16,000 miles on it. Now on the road for three and a half years with 32,000 miles on it. It has run flawless. Only complaint, was vibration at idle. Dealer did a search for tech bulletin for vibration issue. Dealer found that the exhaust center pipe was redesigned on 2016 Frontier to help eliminate vibration. Dealer used the new designed center pipe on my 2014. Replaced at no charge. It helped but still has some vibration at idle, but not bad. The new pipe has a solid rubber, soup can sized block attached to the side of the center pipe to absorb some vibration. Crazy design, but it helps to eliminate about 75% of the idle vibration. The Frontier replaced my 2001 Ford Ranger. The ranger had more comfortable seats but the Frontier is still good regarding comfort ride and handling.

Excellent small pickup truck
By WD

2014 Nissan Frontier PRO-4X 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

The Pro-4x has the most comfortable seats of all the Frontier models as the result of a manual 10 way adjustable seat. The only major drawback is the fuel mileage. The vehicle sticker should read 14 - 18 mpg which is what I experienced. Still, in my opinion, of the small pickup trucks available, it the only one that I would recommend. It is extremely good off road and in snow storms. The reliability is outstanding.

Nissan Frontier - Great Small Truck
By Rob Bjur

2014 Nissan Frontier PRO-4X 4dr King Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

5 sp auto trans is always trying to upshift to increase gas mileage when it might be more appropriate to remain in the lower gear a little while longer. Always tries to maintain an rpm of about 1000.

great first truck
By matt

2014 Nissan Frontier SV 4dr King Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

the leg room if a car or booster seat in back.is none for passenger.the radio is fair.only bluetooth streaming for ipod's.aux port for android phone's is ok.but expected better for year.other than my issues with frontier,its very nice truck.

Embarked on an (almost) new Frontier
By Robert L. Van Elsberg

2014 Nissan Frontier SV 4dr Crew Cab 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I traded in a well-worn but very reliable 2003 Toyota Tundra base model with regular cab, 5-speed manual transmission and a 3.4 liter V6 engine. I'd badly injured my left foot in a falling accident and kicking the clutch was painful. I love Toyotas, but the price on the used Tacomas was too much for my budget. Enter a well-maintained 2014 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab with the SV package. While not as big as the Tundra, the Frontier was quite comfortable and its automatic transmission and cruise control were blessings to my injured left foot. I also found the Frontier tracked well in its lane rather than wandering the way my Tundra had. The only fault was in the limited rear view along the driver's side of the car via the door-mounted rearview mirror. After a few hair-raising moments I learned to lean forward and look back along the driver's side of the truck to watch out for traffic. Once I got used to that it wasn't a problem. I love the 4.0 liter V6 engine, which offers 60-plus more horsepower than I had in my Tundra. No more being left behind at the stop light by everybody else (including grandma). I bought the truck in December 2016 with just under 35,000 miles on it. I saved a good $8,000 to $9,000 compared to a new car. Do I see that as a great deal? Oh yes--Nissan trucks are made to last and I saved a lot more than I gave up by purchasing a late-model used pickup. The previous owners clearly maintained the vehicle well. Also, the built-in towing package is a plus as my wife and I--both in our 60s--are ready to trade tent-camping for the comforts of a trailer. The more I drive this truck, the more I like it. And while I would have preferred a gray-colored truck, the shiny black highlighted with chrome bumpers, sidesteps, etc., is definitely a "sexy" combination. I worried about going from Toyota to Nissan, but both companies make great vehicles. Like the old saying, "You pays your money and you takes your choice."