Here are 5 Things to Know About the 2015 Ford Escape:
1. The Ford Escape is one of the better compact SUVs to drive, with engaging handling and a comfortable, composed ride.
2. Although there's a naturally aspirated base engine, the two optional turbocharged engines are highly responsive and make the Escape feel athletic. Real-world fuel economy isn't great, though.
3. Interior quality is among the segment best, with top-notch materials.
4. Passenger and cargo space is only average among compact SUVs, and small item storage is lacking. Most rivals are more utilitarian.
5. Both the standard and optional MyFord Touch tech interfaces can be more difficult to use than rival systems.
The Ford Escape carried over unchanged for 2015 and it gets a B rating from the Edmunds editors. Make sure to read the full 2015 Ford Escape review and consider its fellow top-recommended competitors: the Honda CR-V, Mazda CX-5, Subaru Forester and Jeep Cherokee.