Used 2015 Ford Escape Consumer Reviews - 56 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2015 Ford Escape Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escape model:

This SUV is fun to drive!
By Wayne Walker

2015 Ford Escape SE 4dr SUV AWD (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

We bought this used with 23k on odometer 2 yrs ago and we have 79000 on it now and it has been a wonderful car no repairs have been needed and it has been a joy to drive, great power and good MPG average 23.5 combined and will see 28 MPG even when cruising at 80! Handling is great and works very well in snow here in Montana. I would recommend to all. Ours is an SE with 2.0l Ecoboost.

Much better alternatives for the price
By Jeff Marsh

2015 Ford Escape SE 4dr SUV (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

i really regret buying this car. It can be zippy and fun at times, certainly during a 10 minute test drive. But living with it day to day is a nightmare. No storage for phones, drinks, and all the other modern accoutrements you need. But this pales in comparison to the absolutely horrible seats. They are so uncomfortable I dread driving it and cannot drive for more than 30 minutes without back pain. And yes, I did actually sit in it during my test drive. If you do want to buy one, rent it for a few days first. The negatives require time to surface, and once they do, you will be glad you didn't sign the dotted line. There are so many better alternatives out there. Do yourself a favor and skip this one.

Wish I had bought something else
By Mary Ann Woodbury

2015 Ford Escape Titanium 4dr SUV AWD (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Cargo area behind rear seats is not flat. Sales people kept telling me is flat; well it is not. I put a level on it and it drops 2" between rear of back seat and cargo door. Second 1.6 L engine has no pick up and averages under 22 MPG. Third for some idiotic reason they made both the trip odometer and the regular odometer devoid of decimal (tenths). If I want go back and check the distance I have walked, no can do. If I am told to go 1.5 miles, no can do. If I want to check difference between detour route and regular can be more than a mile off because can't see tenths. The cargo slope and the odometer would have been enough not to buy. Note: have checked manual no mention of odometer tenths. The designers just eliminated tenths.

Lug nuts swollen
By T. woods

2015 Ford Escape SE 4dr SUV (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Very upset about problems with swollen lug nuts and ford refusal to replace lug nuts. 2015 escape 35000 miles with extended warranty. Estimated cost $200 to replace. My next car will not be a Ford unless this problem is rectified.

Great Towing package
By Mike Lamp

2015 Ford Escape Titanium 4dr SUV AWD (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I was replacing a small sedan. Because it was time. I shopped around quite extensively. Driving the wife crazy. Test everything in the category Subaru Forester was to bouncy of a ride. I have a truck and I did not want a suv that rode like one. I was impressed with the Subaru outback, but with the v6 it was rated at less towing capacity than my 2.0 Titanium AWD. And Subaru would not budge off the price so in the end I brought the 2.0 T Titanium, in Tuxedo Black Metallic . The zip this turbo kicks out will blow you back in the seats. One of my only troubles I had was an oil leak at the PTU. And the toe enable rear tailgate. ( that sometimes would not close and lock) it turned out to be a faulty bar support that was mounted at the assembly plant. They were both replaced under warranty. The floor space is a bit tight. But The drivers seat was fully adjustable and I found the sweet spot. I am 6`3