The 2017 Ram 3500 is a top pick for a heavy-duty truck thanks to its refined interior, class-leading ride comfort, and tremendous towing and hauling capabilities. If the baby brother 2500 can't meet your towing or hauling needs, the Ram 3500 is the workhorse that can deliver the additional muscle with equal refinement.
Like the 1500 and 2500, the Ram 3500 is available in several different configurations involving cabin, powertrain and box length choices, but it offers superior towing and hauling abilities.
There are few competitors in this segment, but none have one of the Ram's best features: an optional rear air suspension with automatic load-leveling that makes it easy to haul big cargo with confidence and comfort.
- Diesel engine and automatic transmission yield monumental torque
- Cabin offers excellent cabin fit and finish
- Ride is comfortable and quiet, especially for a large truck
- Diesel engine delivers lower power with manual transmission
- Manual shift control is in clumsy spot on gear column shifter