2018 Lexus GS F Review
Pros & Cons
- Uncommonly rewarding to drive, with outstanding steering
- Upscale cabin design
- Great sounds from the non-turbocharged V8
- Remote Touch tech interface is difficult and distracting to use
- Turbocharged competitors ultimately offer more thrust
- Back seat doesn't fold down
List Price Estimate
$50,673 - $61,007
Used GS F for SaleSee all for sale
Which GS F does Edmunds recommend?
There's only one trim level and few options, so there's really not much to recommend beyond that audiophiles would be wise to get the Mark Levinson sound system. We've never been disappointed by this mainstay option in the Lexus lineup.
Edmunds' Expert Review
The GS F is an uncommonly rewarding sport sedan even in routine driving. The steering is sharp and communicative, and that inspires driver confidence. Its maximum thrust can't match others in the class, but it is not slow either. Overall, it's a pleasure to pilot.
Excellent seats and a firm but compliant ride quality make the GS F equal parts sport sedan and long-distance mile-eater. There's a bit of road noise, but it's not fatiguing. The climate control interface is button-centric — we'd prefer knobs. Overall, it's a comfortable vehicle in its class.
The interior design is showing its age, but it has the fundamentals of driving position and visibility covered well. The cabin is very button-centric, and a few of them are oddly placed. The driving position is spot-on.
The amply sized trunk will swallow plenty of gear, though it's let down by a back seat that's fixed in place. There are plenty of areas to store items in the cargo area and in the front portion of the cabin. It handles car seats well, though the lower latch anchors can be a bit of a hassle to reach.
This cabin is behind the times when it comes to infotainment. The control interface is awkward, and the native voice controls are subpar. There's no Apple CarPlay or Android Auto functionality, and the screen graphics look old. But there is a nice suite of driver aids as standard equipment.
|Overall||7.7 / 10|
Features & Specs
Our experts like the GS F models:
- Pre-Collision System
- Warns the driver of a possible impact with other cars or pedestrians. Can automatically apply the brakes if necessary.
- Rear-Seat Side Airbag
- Protects outboard rear occupants in case of a side-impact collision. It's standard; rivals have it as an option or not at all.
- Lane Departure Alert with Lane Keeping Assist
- Warns you when drifting out of your lane and intervenes with steering input if needed.