Used 2018 Kia Sedona EX Minivan Review
Edmunds Summary Review of the 2018 Kia Sedona EX Minivan
Pros & Cons
- The distinctive cockpit looks more like a car's than a minivan's
- You get a lot of features for the money
- The second-row seats are quite versatile
- Cabin remains pleasantly quiet on the highway
- Fuel economy is subpar, especially on the SX Limited model
- Slightly less cargo capacity than rivals
- The ride is busy over rough pavement and large bumps
- Second-row seats aren't removable, and don't fold up on the SX Limited
Which Sedona does Edmunds recommend?
For most Sedona shoppers, we think the midrange EX is the one to get. It comes with a ton of features at an agreeable price. They include a power liftgate, tri-zone climate control, leather upholstery and upgraded shock absorbers for a more comfortable ride. If safety is a top priority, look for an EX with the Advanced Premium Technology package. It adds the latest in driver safety aids such as blind-spot monitoring and forward collision warning with automatic emergency braking.
Full Edmunds Review: 2018 Kia Sedona Minivan
The Sedona has a relaxed, easy-to-drive character, but it'll move out with authority when you need it to and demonstrates good handling manners. It's a minivan we could happily live with every day.
The Sedona is plenty comfortable for a long road trip packed with people and cargo. SX models benefit from reclining second-row seats, and these captain's chairs represent some of the most comfortable in the class.
The Sedona's top-trim SX Limited model has one of the nicest interiors in the segment. It's a well-organized and easy-to-use design typical of the brand, with a fixed center console that is unique among minivans.
The Sedona falls a bit short when it comes to cargo capacity and versatility, but most owners will still find it plenty capable. If the second-row seats were removable, this score would likely improve.
Edmunds Insurance Estimator
The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2018 Kia Sedona in Virginia is:$61.17 per month*