Among three-row luxury SUVs, the 2017 Volvo XC90 has outstanding cargo capacity, style and safety features. The cabin is particularly elegant and offers many options for personalization. Its engine power and ride quality aren?t segment-leading, but this is still a midsize SUV that deserves consideration.
- Elegant styling inside and out
- Spacious second- and third-row seating for a midsize SUV
- Many standard safety technology features
- Precise handling that inspires confidence
- Available plug-in hybrid model.
- Overly busy ride quality for a vehicle in its class
- Comes up short on performance and real-world fuel economy
- Some of its standard touchscreen controls can be hard to use.