For some shoppers, a minivan just doesn't have the right capabilities. Even large, crossover-based SUVs won't do the trick. That's where hulking three-row, luxury vehicles such as the 2017 Infiniti QX80 come into play. With real towing power, high-quality interior appointments and a big-SUV attitude, the QX80 can shuttle your whole crew, and it can do it with style.
Equipped with a powerful V8 engine, the QX80 can pull up to 8,500 pounds. Its robust optional four-wheel-drive system can take you far off the beaten path. Or it can just transport you and seven of your closest friends to and from the local diner. The QX comes with upscale standard equipment such as tri-zone climate control and a 360-degree camera, and it is available with a suspension that gives it serious handling skill for its size — definitely not an attribute you typically associate with a three-row SUV. Thanks to its overall competence and several unique strengths, the 2017 Infiniti QX80 is definitely one of our top picks in the luxury, three-row SUV segment.
- Well-trimmed cabin that looks and feels truly luxurious
- Powerful V8 delivers strong acceleration and a high tow rating
- Tightly controlled handling that makes it feel smaller from behind the wheel
- Third-row seat is a tight fit for adults
- Ride quality gets choppy with optional 22-inch wheels