Used 2017 Nissan Frontier Desert Runner King Cab Review
Most helpful consumer reviews
Edmunds Summary Review of the 2017 Nissan Frontier Desert Runner King Cab
Pros & Cons
- Pro-4X model is a capable off-roader
- Available with automatic or manual transmission
- Truck bed has clever, repositionable tie-down system
- Doesn't steer or handle with confidence on pavement
- Fuel economy lags far behind that of rivals
- Uncomfortable crew-cab rear seats have tight legroom
- Interior materials are cheap-looking
Which Frontier does Edmunds recommend?
In our opinion, the 2017 Nissan Frontier Pro-4X is the truck to get. Sure, the four-cylinder gets slightly better fuel economy. It is also true that the less aggressive tuning and tires of other trims ride smoother, are quieter and are generally more pavement-friendly. But the Pro-4X benefits from that torquey V6, which makes us happy. And of all trims, its off-road worthiness makes it the most competitive against its peers, which were all recently redesigned. And you still get the utility of a truck, with features such as a spray-in liner and bed extender plus a maximum tow capacity of 6,290 pounds.
Full Edmunds Review: 2017 Nissan Frontier King Cab
Edmunds Insurance Estimator
The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2017 Nissan Frontier in Virginia is:$60.58 per month*