2017 Nissan Frontier Consumer Reviews - 14 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2017 Nissan Frontier Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:

The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly...
By Jeff

2017 Nissan Frontier SV 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

The 4.0 V6 has good get up and go for a six. 4x4 is quick to activate, although would be better with an automatic engagement mode. Seats are comfortable. I love the cleat system in the box! Always a tie down where you need it! I have had several issues. Bad sensor in the climate control that took over a year to diagnose. Made the air start blasting, even in dead of winter! Replaced a leaking valve cover, overflow tank and radiator all under 15000 miles. Taking it back because still stinks of leaking coolant. Gas mileage isn't great. I average 17. Needs to be revamped. It is behind the times on options. It is a quiet ride for a truck. The old school steering is very tight to start, making turning the wheel a workout.

No Go Showboat
By Thurman A. Pearson

2017 Nissan Frontier SV 4dr King Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

If I had it to do over I would buy the v6

the only one
By g webster

2017 Nissan Frontier PRO-4X 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

this is my fourth Frontier and my second new one I drive around 660 miles to and from work every eight days through some bad weather conditions and bad roads. ive had every truck there is out there and the frontier is the best ive driven .This one is a manual and I love to go through the gears. Only thing I don't like is they haven't changed it much hopefully in 2019

This truck is not for city folks
By Small trucks rule

2017 Nissan Frontier SV 4dr King Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

The only issue I had so far was replacing the knock sensor at 15k miles. At least it was under warranty! I read the reviews and don't agree with them. This is a great truck and about $7-8k cheaper than the competition for the same truck, just not as fancy. I replaced a 1999 ZR2 that I loved, but they don't make them anymore and the new trucks cost too much for a vehicle. Poor investment. I looked for 2 years to try and replace my ZR2, and so far I'm glad I chose the Frontier. I get 20.2 mpg and have 20k miles on it with no issues other than the knock sensor. It's a great TRUCK!

Nice Truck For The Price
By ROBO

2017 Nissan Frontier S 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have only owned my Frontier SV 4x4 for 2 weeks and am happy with my purchase so far . The only problems i have so far is a not centered steering wheel and a minor trim fit problem in the cab . The truck seems well built and a value considering the price compared to mid size Chevy and Toyota trucks which are rated better by writers but also cost a few thousand dollars more . I have the 4.0 V6 and the mileage is less than my previous 2011 Jeep Liberty Sport with a 3.7 V6 . But the Frontier SV is bigger engine wise and weight wise so it is to be expected . A lot of writers criticize the gas mileage of the Frontier compared to similar trucks by Toyota and Chevy . But if you research it . They all have smaller engines compared to the Nissan 4.0 V6 in the Frontier . So the critics of the Frontiers poor gas mileage have made a bad comparison in my opinion . The ride is better than a lot of cars . The off road abilities i have not checked out yet . Ground clearance looks good for off road use . All in all a nice truck at a nice price .