The 2017 Volkswagen Tiguan is worth checking out if you want your compact crossover to be rewarding to drive. But be aware that it comes up short in many key areas compared to top rivals.
- Sporty handling doesn't come at the expense of a comfortable ride quality (except Sport trim)
- Engine offers punchy turbocharged performance
- Interior materials feel premium
- Cabin is quiet at highway speeds.
- Limited cargo space and rear seat legroom
- Subpar fuel economy
- Lackluster crash test results
- No high-tech accident avoidance features available.