It's possible to own a practical-minded car and still get a luxury-carlike experience. The 2016 Volkswagen Golf will impress you with its versatile hatchback design, upscale and well-equipped interior, and turbocharged engine that's both peppy and fuel-efficient. Find out more about why we think so highly about this premium small car.
- Squared-off hatchback design provides lots of room for cargo
- Premium interior materials
- Engine is powerful and fuel-efficient
- Excellent crash test scores
- New touchscreen has the latest smartphone integration systems.
- Automatic transmission doesn't shift as responsively or intuitively as we prefer
- Slightly more expensive than rivals.