2018 Cadillac CTS-V Review
Pros & Cons
- One of the most powerful sedans on the road
- Far cheaper than comparably powered performance sedans
- Ultra-sophisticated suspension delivers world-class ride and handling
- Superior support from optional sport seats
- Less luxurious cabin than those of competitors
- Small trunk
- Tech interface may frustrate
- Ride may be too rough for some
List Price Estimate
$52,189 - $60,320
Used CTS-V for SaleSee all for sale
Which CTS-V does Edmunds recommend?
Your passengers will appreciate the Luxury package's sunshades, seat heating and rear climate controls. You'll appreciate the folding rear seatback that's annoyingly optional. Also make sure to test-drive CTS-Vs with and without the optional Recaro sport seats to see which seat design you prefer.
Edmunds' Expert Review
Classic American muscle with state-of-the-art handling capabilities. This is where the CTS-V shines and has a leg up on its staunchest German rivals. Others have evolved into softer and more comfort-oriented machines; Cadillac has only sharpened its edges and packed on more muscle.
Soft and cushy may come to mind when you think of the Cadillac brand, but the CTS-V is not your grandfather's Caddy. Speed, agility and proper seat support are priorities with this car, so you may want to consider something else if you're expecting a rocket-powered couch.
Cadillac's efforts to up its interior game are apparent but flop when it comes to execution. The capacitive controls look slick, but they aren't as easy to operate as dials or real buttons. Also, the basics, such as easy access to seat adjustment controls, have been grossly overlooked.
Narrow door pockets, a smaller glovebox and armrest bin, and a nook behind a motorized cover constitute the cabin storage options. Trunk volume is lackluster at 13.7 cubic feet with a laughably small ski pass-through and a split-folding feature that's optional.
Cadillac updated its tech interface for 2018 and we have yet to sample it. Feature content is to be commended, however, with standard accident avoidance tech, parking aids, navigation, Apple CarPlay, Android Auto, 4G LTE Wi-Fi and three USB ports.
|Overall||4.0 / 5|
Features & Specs
Our experts like the CTS-V models:
- Forward Collision Alert
- Uses sensors to detect stopped vehicles ahead, warning the driver through visual and audible signals.
- Lane Change Alert w/ Blind Zone Alert
- Monitors blind spots and alerts the driver should a lane change be attempted when there's a car in a neighboring lane.
- Lane Keep Assist
- Warns the driver should the car start to drift from its lane and can take corrective steering action if needed.