As the only true luxury sedan that's an electric vehicle, the 2016 Tesla Model S is unique. It delivers tremendous acceleration, reasonable range, unusual features and more functionality than you might expect. It's Tesla's best offering and deserves your attention if you're shopping for a premium electric vehicle.
- Impressive range on higher-end models
- Strong performance across the board from all models
- Advanced technology features that aren't available from other luxury brands
- Abundant cargo space for a sedan
- Available seven-passenger configuration makes it more family-friendly than most luxury sedans
- Free access to Tesla's expanding Supercharger charging station infrastructure.
- Lacks the convenience, familiarity and luxury polish of similarly priced sedans
- Unproven reliability record
- Small dealer network means you might not live near a service center.