Skip to main content

Used Model S for Sale
Select your model:
12345...7

Pros
Cons
3 out of 5 stars

Unavailable Repair Parts Tarnishes Tesla Image

Tony Barre, 11/08/2016
70 4dr Sedan (electric DD)

When I bought my new Tesla Model S in May 2016 and for months before I was proud to be part of “accelerating the world's transition to sustainable energy.” I talked it up with my friends and family and even with strangers I met at Starbucks. I got 2 of my kids to pre-order the Model 3. Then I ran over a truck tire tread on the freeway, causing $6k of damage to the bumper and undercarriage. Since then, the car has been at Kniesl's Repair Shop in Roseville, CA, a Tesla-authorized repair shop. It has been there for 6 weeks now awaiting repair parts, with no ETA for those parts. In fact, Kniesl's tells me that they have 3 other Teslas in their shop in similar condition awaiting parts for as much as 3 months. After 4 weeks, I contacted Tesla using the form on their web site. No response. At all. If “the world's transition....” involves no repair parts, I want no part of it, and neither should you. If “the world's transition....” includes the inability to forecast a delivery date for repair parts, I am ashamed to be a part of it. If “the world's transition....” entails a complete lack of interest in post-sales customer service, I am afraid of it. What would you do if your car was unavailable for 6 weeks with no forecast for when it would be available again? Would you feel like you were accelerating the world's transition to sustainable energy?

We own 2 of the orginal Tesla Model S

Mark Levin, 08/30/2016
updated 03/13/2020
70 4dr Sedan (electric DD)

UPDATE Mar 2020 We traded the first Model S 60 for a 2017 Model S 90D. We had that car for 5 years and put 106k miles on it with the battery degrading only 10 miles from new. that car was sold within 3 days and the person is still driving it. Tesla was able to upgrade the navigation system for him and a few other improvements. I now have 101k miles on my P85 and that battery has degraded about 20 miles from new. The Performance models tend to use more energy, I would not recommend purchasing it, as the car is outstanding without it. That and the 22in wheels are something that only costs money and energy and is a complete waste for most people. We still love the cars and will plan on purchasing another maybe in a few years. My son has had the Model 3 for about 2 years and loves it. Many improvements in the M3, it charges faster and has a better a/c unit. Cant go wrong with a TESLA. We have 2 MS. The first one I ordered a smaller battery 60, with only 2 options, leather interior and pano roof. We received the car in May 2013. That car now has over 85k miles and has only been in the shop for one repair very early. Some guide clips on the Pano roof broke. It was quickly repaired and I was given a new MS to drive while the repair was being done. The car looks and runs like it did new and we have only lost 3 miles of range in the battery! We are told to charge the car 90% every night, and when new it totaled 185 miles and now it charges to 182 miles at 90%. My wife drives that car about 90 miles per day, round trip to work. I purchased a used one in Nov 2014, with 15k miles. It is a MS P85, at that time it was just about the most powerful car in the lineup. Today they offer 90D and P100D models. But I don't think they have anything on mine. The car charges to 230 miles each night at 90%. Realistically when driving at or above normal highway speeds you will only get about 80% of the range, so need to be careful when doing long distance trips. But around town, you never need to be concerned with range. The only weak point about the car is that it is rather plain on the interior. I don't mind it is nice enough for me. And the advanced technology over rides the lack of pizzaz. Like many people who own this car, I doubt I would ever go back to a gas car as my primary vehicle. Overall it is an amazing car.

AMG owner loves Tesla.

Eric H., 02/11/2019
updated 08/11/2020
90D 4dr Sedan AWD (electric DD)

I have a 2016 90D. I bought this used from Tesla because with their certified pre-owned program, I got my car for a 44% discount from new with only 23,000 miles on it with a 4 year/ 50,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty AND it comes with lifetime supercharging! It was only 2.5 years old when I bought it and because there is a Supercharger 2 miles from my house, I have been saving the equivalent of $300 dollars a month in gasoline. This was a big factor in my buying the Tesla. I decided against the P90D because I did not want to lose the extra distance in exchange for a quicker 0-60 time. I also own a 563 hp AMG SLS and it sits in my garage because the Tesla is just so much fun to drive. I have learned that if you see a Tesla on the road, and you are merging on to an on ramp or from zero, you just let them go first, because they will pretty much leave you if you are not in the perfect gear. I had a spot on my screen, so Tesla sent a tech out to my house to replace it. I was blown away with that. Time saver and no cost. It did take 2 weeks to get the part in. As much as I love the Tesla, there is no way I would ever have it as my ONLY car. I think it is a great primary vehicle, but I would want a backup , just in case. The fact that I just put solar on the house makes me feel even more socially responsible that I am using 5% of the gas I used to use, saving hundreds of dollars monthly, can charge the car with solar power and the car is a ton of fun and comfortable. Now that used pricing is totally within the reach of most people and you can essentially get a used one for the price of a Honda accord, these make a great case for going electric!

I'll never go back to ICE after having a Tesla

Peter, 10/05/2016
70 4dr Sedan (electric DD)

I've had my Model S60 for three months now and its great. I have the smallest battery pack and its still plenty of range. The one time I went beyond its range I was able to quickly charge up with the free superchargers. You might knock it for the weight and size but the pickup is crazy for a car this size and the weight is all down low in the battery pack. The Autopilot is amazing for Bay Area freeway congestion. The only small knock is the lack of door storage. I have seen the Model X does much better here and I suspect in time they will add this to the S. I rented one on Turo for a long weekend and it really helped me decide to go for it.

Best car I ever drove!

Dom33928, 03/24/2017
60 4dr Sedan (electric DD)

I had a lot of cars in my life: BMW, Audi, Lexus, Porsche, Alfa Romeo; nothing can compare to my Tesla Model S 60! Acceleration and handling are phenomenal! The design outside and inside is superb. I am in real estate and the large screen and navigation are so helpful, so is the web browsing. The seats have an excellent support and are very comfortable. The car is extremely quiet! I also own a BMW Convertible and when I drive it, it seems to be a car from another era... Tesla Service is excellent (I had just to call them to rotate the tires so far) and when you purchase (or lease) the car hey are not pushy. I chose the S60 and I am doing 211 miles on full charge, which is way enough. I Have travelled through Florida and there is no range anxiety with the superchargers. The quality of the materials inside is ok but not perfect and there are a very small rattles sometimes but as there is no engine noise, you are more eager to notice them. It is really the best car I ever had! I will never go back to gas engine cars!

12345...7