Used 2016 Tesla Model S Consumer Reviews - 18 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Model S model:

Love it but...
By Karen

2016 Tesla Model S 75 4dr Sedan (electric DD)

Drove my new MS for 5 days before someone rear ended me on the freeway. Parts--like a bumper and underneath metal part--were a little difficult for a "non-authorized" repair shop to get. I only considered this shop since they have done work before for me and they do just do unbelievably beautiful work and are very honest and since the Tesla service place does not do body work... . Getting the paint--Tesla uses a thee-step process which makes for a gorgeous paint job-- was a problem as Tesla does not sell the paint they use--even to their authorized dealers. The place I used finally found a perfect match and I now have the car back. Two and a half weeks in all for a $1500.00 job. I'm absolutely in love with this car but there are a few wrinkles Tesla needs to work out as far as customer service is concerned.

BEST CAR EVER
By dtyates2016@gmail.com

2016 Tesla Model S 75 4dr Sedan (electric DD)

I love this car!!! I was going to buy a Jeep grand Chereokee,because I wanted something I could put my bike and my surfboard into, and still go on business meetings. After I compared the true cost of ownership over 5-10 years, this car beat it. Now I believe this car beats most ICE cars for 10 years +, in affordability. I paid 64k after rebates. I hear there are only about 4 moving parts in the entire drive train, including the pedal, and the wheels, vs. 100s of moving, breaking parts in an ICE car. I heard that the motor lasts about 1 million miles, and the battery is averageing about 500k miles, and I would expect no other major problems, since there isn't much to break. Considering a second one now!

Love the car
By Ryan

2016 Tesla Model S 75 4dr Sedan (electric DD)

Most amazing car. Love this car.

Poor customer service
By drjnieto

2016 Tesla Model S 90D 4dr Sedan AWD (electric DD)

I’ve had a tesla for almost a year. It had several problems that where fixed. Yesterday my rear tire was punctured with an object on the road.
I called Tesla roadside and my car was transported to the service center.
I called early to make sure I had my car back on the same day
Unfortunately there where NO spare tire or inventory tires in stock. Then there where NO tesla loaners cars.
For a 100k+ vehicle that doesn’t come with a spare tire the support is ridiculous and unacceptable.
I’m left without a car for a problem that could be resolved in 5 minutes with a spare tire. I had a full day a Patients to see at different hospitals and had to cancel on them because I had no reliable transportation.
I called management and I’m still waiting for a call back.
I love the car, but I’m done with customer service. Last tesla I will buy.

OMG Game Changing Car...Part 2
By John Franklin

AT 39000 miles everything from my original review hold true:

Pros: Best car I've ever owned, driven or been a passenger in. Out performs any exotic car on the road for a fraction of the price and does it without making noise or burning fossil fuel. I have the first version Auto Pilot(AP1) and it's a technological marvel(yes you can text and drive safely...but of course don't;). Due to OTA(over the air) updates my Tesla is a better more advanced car then when I purchased it over a year ago. Cons: It will ruin every other car on the road for you. You'll no longer look at a Ferrari, Bentley, Maserati, Rolls Royce etc. the same way because the Tesla absolutely blows them all away.

Note: Just got completed 5000 mi road trip using AP1 99% of the time...so awesome!