You might be attracted to the 2017 Jeep Patriot because of its low price. But there's not much else about the Patriot to make it worthy of your consideration, especially because an all-new model is likely just around the corner.
- Optional flip-down tailgate speakers
- Above-average off-road capability with Freedom Drive II
- Attractively priced.
- Unrefined and sluggish base engine that's paired to a droning CVT
- Steering wheel doesn't telescope
- Subpar crash test scores
- Unsophisticated ride quality when going over bumps
- Minimal cargo space
- Chintzy cabin materials.