2017 Jeep Patriot Consumer Reviews - 23 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2017 Jeep Patriot Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Patriot model:

0 to 60 in five minutes or more
By Miki

2017 Jeep Patriot Sport SE 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Do NOT buy this car because of the CVT, you will hate it. What a dog. The brakes also squeak sometimes which I read is a common problem that they can't do anything about. I bought this car 6 months ago and can't wait to unload it.

Thankful it is a Rental
By Elizabeth

2017 Jeep Patriot Latitude 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Let see what stinks about this Jeep:acceleration braking handling engine shifting mirrors oh those mirrors Headlight control maneuverability handling in rain I guess I need to stop before I go push it off a cliff.I was given this for a rental while my baby is being repaired, hit while parked. Every day I say I want to swap it and it has been a month. This is by far the worst car I have ever driven. Two glorious experiences amongst the bunch I had. I somehow must have hit the lose wobbly headlight stick and unbeknownst to me lights out. I am driving along and thinking why is everyone signaling me? After a carfull of wild kids chased me scaring the daylight out of me or headlight out I should say. I finally figured it out. Other fun time was infront of cop I had to brake a tad hard and the brakes were unhappy with me and screeched and jerked the Jeep in six directions before stopping. I was sure the cop would come after me for driving unsafe vehicle. Did I mention those mirrors? Just do n't trust them they are not there for you. It looks safe, objects truly are not were they really are in this case. I always wondered what it meant on mirrors. Object are closer then.... yes they are.Now I know.One plus is the a/c. The vents are great they spin all directions. So avoid this car unless you want to throw away your money,better to buy a scooter.

Nice car
By Mike Troy

2017 Jeep Patriot Latitude 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

The only thing I replaced was the windsheild wipers

Rear seat belts
By Mark Traman

2017 Jeep Patriot Sport SE 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I noticed upon test drive that the rear seat belts were not locking, dealer said it would be fixed, so I bought it. Couple months later had to call 911 the seat belt retracted by itself and so much pressure it could not be released by the belt latch, it pulled my 8 year old autistic son out of his booster seat and belt went under his rib cage cutting him off from breathing, the rescue unit cut the belt to free my son. The dealership checked the belts and found they lock SOME TIME and sometimes not. Chrysler has assigned a case manager but the dealership warned me to get an attorney that their experience will be Chrysler will sweep this under the rug. I am in contact with a firm

Burned after only 15k miles
By Michelle Barton

2017 Jeep Patriot 75th Anniversary Edition 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Do not purchase thid vechile i bought one had only 15k miles and it burned up. Jeep would not even talk to me on the phone about it and bacically said sorry but ran fine when it left our manufacturing facility. after investigation it was found started in dash and since dash is full of mag it was had to put out cause water made it hotter. DO NOT BUY THESE VEC OR U WILL THROW AWAY YOUR MONEY. if my family would been in Jeep when fire started they wld have died before getting out with it burning up so fast.