2017 Jeep Patriot Consumer Reviews - 28 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2017 Jeep Patriot Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Patriot model:

I DIG IT!
By Ken G.

2017 Jeep Patriot High Altitude Edition 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Just bought the 2017 High Altitude 4x4 2.4L used from a local dealership with 20,000 miles on it. Runs way better that I would have expected. Acceleration is great. Rides great, suspension is great as well. Interior is nice, leather was an upgrade from my previous vehicle. Even the u130 radio has Bluetooth steaming capability from you phone for music, you usually have to have a touchscreen setup in vehicle of this trim level........JEEP you did good on this one!!! Hands free works great. This vehicle works out perfectly for what I need it for. Jeep you surprised me with this little gem. The ride height I great and the fact that the wheel wells are big enough to put a taller tire on is awesome. WELL DONE!!!!!!!

2008 Patriot OWNER to Date 2018 - still going 148K
By Darlene W.

2017 Jeep Patriot Sport 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car in 2009 with 13k miles on it. just 300 miles before the warranty ran out the clutch went out. The dealer replaced it with 0 cost to me and it was a 2600.00 job! I have had no real issues at all since. I change the oil and go. Its not a 4x4 its a FWD stick shift so I get the traction I need in the snow with more control (at least I feel that way and it works for me). I have to say that the mileage is still 30 hwy and I visit the pump 1.5 time avg a week with an avg fill up at $26.00. The jeep has room to store and move stuff. The opening is wider then most I have looked at in its size comparison. I have been happy with it but tired of the stick shift at my age :) The only two things I would say I have a problem with and they one is a big deal, this jeep does not handle wind well at all I figure due to the boxy build and you feel you have to grip the wheel. Also, I would never drive on jeep factory tires they are the worst! I invested in great all weather and always have my snow tires in the winter this makes the world of difference on any car !!! I am seeking a heavy car on the road now that I drive and average of 10+ hrs for work a week but this patriot I will not trade I am keeping t as secondary....200k miles here I come :)

Leaky!!!!!
By USED TO BE INTO JEEPS

2017 Jeep Patriot Latitude 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Bought a 2011. I have needed to replace the front lower control arms the front passenger "half shaft" the front wheel bearings, need to replace the passenger side one again. >>>>>rain storms<<<<< water pours!!!! Yes pours in through the front top inside ceiling lights onto the dash and the light just behind the front seats. The ceiling fabric gets soaked!!!! This is a common issue with this jeep. I wouldn't dare use the 4x4 for anything but use on a snowy road with this fragile pipsqueak . Nothing i would consider a real jeep. Chrysler is the wal-mart of car makers. Cheap!

Meh!! A Gas Guzzler and a So-So Ride
By Ty

2017 Jeep Patriot Sport SE 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I have this as a rental and think the truck is below what would be deemed as average in 2018. The windshield is a bit small and the rear-view mirror is a bit of distraction in the field of vision. Being a fan of SUV's, I would only buy it if the deal is right, but I would pass on it for a Highlander, Santa Fe, or Pilot.

Sweating in Ohio
By Kimberly Stewart-Kolibaba

2017 Jeep Patriot Latitude 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

At higher speeds the cars Temp. guage overheats same as in 2011-14 years. After 4 visits to the purchased location they can never find a problem. Still un-resolved !!!