For electric vehicle shoppers desiring some sportiness and luxury-brand panache, the 2015 BMW i3 is a very compelling choice. That the i3 is also surprisingly practical only furthers its appeal.
- Roomy four-person cabin
- Quick acceleration and strong brakes
- Nimble handling
- Excellent visibility
- Well-made and stylish interior
- Versatile cargo area for an EV
- Available gasoline-fueled range extender.
- Pricier than most entry-level EVs
- Rear-hinged rear doors aren't so great if you frequently take along rear passengers.