The Jeep Renegade certainly isn't the first carlike Jeep, but it's the first one to prove that Jeep styling and playfulness can translate successfully to a subcompact crossover. It's rewarding to drive yet still practical.
- Lots of character with a classic Jeep look
- Agile handling when going around turns
- Plenty of easy-to-use technology features
- Best-in-class off-road capability with Trailhawk model.
- Middling fuel economy
- Confused and clunky nine-speed automatic transmission
- Tight rear seat legroom for adults
- Limited cargo capacity compared to rivals
- Boxy shape makes for lots of wind noise on the highway.