2017 Jeep Renegade Consumer Reviews - 23 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2017 Jeep Renegade Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Renegade model:

One complaint
By Kathy

2017 Jeep Renegade Trailhawk 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 9A)

The falken wildpeak tires are horrible. Wore out at 20,000 miles. I read a review and the person used the word terrifying. True. Other than that it’s a great car,just get one with a decent tire.

A way to ruin driving!
By MJ

2017 Jeep Renegade Latitude 4dr SUV 4WD (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

This car in the past year has given me more problems then ex-boyfriends. My tires decide to never stay inflated, my engine shuts off by itself, the bluetooth doesn't work, HORRIBLE BLIND SPOTS, and the acceleration jerks. I originally wanted the Jeep Liberty ,but of course when I buy a car Jeep comes out with their crappiest model. I am also living in 2 states currently NY and AL so I get both city driving and back roads and for both it sucks. As you can tell i'm pretty salty.

Very nice City driver with the off road capability
By EdwinG

2017 Jeep Renegade Trailhawk 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 9A)

It's a nice baby Jeep, The Trailhawk is set up for off road driving so in city driving with bad road it's great. Just do rust to get it, shop around and make sure you get all the options you want. I test drove a few Trailhawks and the one I got didn't have a trail hitch with I didn't find out till I got home because I thought it had the trail package like all the others I test drove. Also didn't have the MySky which really makes it a cool car if you get it. I should had waited and checked things out better. But it is a cool car.

A recall waiting to happen
By Rory Airhart

2017 Jeep Renegade Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Completely shuts off while freeway driving. Three times. Once I was told it was a simple computer reset that was needed. Three months later, they could not find an issue. 3rd time, about three weeks later I was told it needed a software upgrade. But I contacted corporate and turns out it needed several updates. But I suspect it’s sonething much more major. And based on NHTSA website, my issues are too common and there is grave danger here. Getting rear ended on the freeway because there in no warning as to when this will happen is inevitable. Car lunging forward while brake is depressed has already caused a few accidents with other owners. The dealership in Wooster, Ohio has terrible auctioneer service. I gmdwaling with corporate right now. No one seems to know what’s happening and contact with them is not timely or given when promised.

My new car
By Sandra moore

2017 Jeep Renegade Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 9A)

The gas mileage could be better