2017 Toyota Prius c Review
Which Prius c does Edmunds recommend?
The One is indeed very basic, but Bluetooth and USB cover your phone and music connections, a folding seatback aids cargo flexibility, and LED headlights and auto climate control are nice touches. We think the Two is the best combination of price and features as it adds cruise control, a height-adjustable driver seat, a center console storage bin and armrest, 60/40-split folding rear seats, a cargo cover and a six-speaker sound system.
Edmunds' Expert Review
- Capable of 50-plus miles per gallon
- Interior is surprisingly roomy, given its small dimensions
- It's nimble and easy to park in tight spaces
- Offers a complete package of high-tech safety equipment
- Rides stiffly and uncomfortably over rough roads
- Interior materials look and feel a bit cheap
- Wind and road noise is noticeable at highway speeds
- Acceleration is slow, even for a hybrid
|Overall||3.5 / 5|
It's very solid and reassuring, but it's not exactly sporty. Still, there's more to like than you'd expect for something that can exceed 50 mpg.
The Prius C is a small car that rides bigger than you'd guess by looking at it. The seats are also surprisingly comfortable despite their basic adjustments and cloth upholstery.
The simple, well-placed controls make the C easy to live with, and its long wheelbase opens up usable cabin room for occupants. Trunk space starts off modest, but with seats folded, the hatchback adds versatility.
The base model features a fold-down rear seatback, which is handy but not quite as handy as the 60/40-split folding rear seat on the Two trim level and above.
The Prius C has one of the easier touchscreen interfaces to work with, and it's standard across the board. Intuitive functions and menu structure, crisp graphics. Even the base model comes with Bluetooth and voice commands.
Most helpful consumer reviews
One 4dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)
I love my Prius C and how it zips around the city. It's the perfect size car for me, especially looking for parking. It's fun to drive and has a "zippy" personality.
Features & Specs
Our experts like the Prius c models:
- Toyota Safety Sense C
- Bundles forward collision mitigation with automatic braking, lane departure warning and automatic high beams.
- Nine Airbags
- Includes driver and passenger front-, side- and seat cushion airbags, driver knee airbag, and front and rear side curtain airbags.
- Hill Start Assist Control
- Minimizes rolling backward when starting on steep inclines.