Used 2001 Toyota Land Cruiser Consumer Reviews - 19 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2001 Toyota Land Cruiser

Base 4.7L V8 4x4 4-speed Automatic - (19 reviews )

My wife and I fight over the Keys
By Ruckus1

2001 Toyota Land Cruiser 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this vehicle as a work truck/toy to hall various things for the house. My wife saw pictures of it and said it was to big&bulky and that I would not have to worry about her getting behind the wheel. After the first hour she suggested getting an extra key fob wich was priced at $240. She frowned when I folded the seats down and shoved a sink,counter and a power saw in the back. We absolutely adore this vehicle. its a joy to drive. We invite this winter season to do its worst.

I love suspension,power button,AWD,2ndstart,wireless DVD, pocket bins,rear air and heated seats. She enjoys the commanding view, easy to manuver,acceleration and suspension.

Im still thinking... She says the front 2 windows should have been tinted like the rest. And that it should come standard with a remote start.

Never has it failed!!
By vishnada

2001 Toyota Land Cruiser 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

One heck of a machine. Second generation user of LC. Never has it failed in the tropical jungles nor the concrete city driving.

Off road handling capability with built-in intelligence.

Glove compartment; map reader lights. exterior headlights weak. More windshield wiper fluid. cabin air filter. exterior ladder and reverse mirror. interior temp gauge. console light and control need to light-up. dificult to see or note at night. ability to disengage the power antenna.

The Best Suv
By Awesome!! by Dimi

2001 Toyota Land Cruiser 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

This is my 2nd LC. I've got 98,000 miles on my 2001 and with no repairs! I even pull a horse trailer and a 1700 lb. clydesdale. This SUV is aweseome!! I plan on purchasing another one when I get to 150,000 miles. My car looks and drives like a new vehicle. In fact, many people mistake it for new. I just replaced the timing belt and brakes -- just maintenance. One of a kind!!!

I love how solid it rides -- no rattles. Engine is quiet too. The GPS system is reliable and a necessity.

The bass could be adjusted in sound system.

SUV of choice
By Hector Campos

2001 Toyota Land Cruiser 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Previously owner of Range Rover. Performance and reliabilty of the Land Cruiser is far superior. The engine is strong, body has very nice profile and rides very smooth. Bought this vehicle because of outstanding performance & reliability of a new Camry we have and the quick decline of RR.

Toyota completely loaded this SUV with every possible feature. Strong v-8, adjustable power features, and profile of body.

The only system failure is the radio stereo system (bass not controllable) Even though a recall had been in place for a replacement amp, local dealers would not honor after time limit ran out when I purchased vehicle.

Truck Mother
By Windwood

2001 Toyota Land Cruiser 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Most solid and comfortable vehicle
I've ever owned. Came w/third row
seats that I removed. Minimal service
needs. Fuel mileage typical for 5100
pound
vehicle, 14 local, 18 on moderate
speed trip. overall about 16. Slow
frequency is too fast- Best one I ever
had was in my old Mercedes- you could
set it for a sweep once every 2
minutes if you liked. Ladies can have
a bit of a struggle getting in but
that's the price you pay for a 10"
clearance. Road noise more noticeable
w/winter tires.

Pockets galore. Center console holds a ton. Sound system is great w/6cd dash changer. Rear AC not used much but helps cool a hot vehicle. Great AWD system w/lock-in 4WD. Entry grab handles. Off-road skid plates. Few options available- I's mostly all there. Will easily tow 7000 pounds.

Better intermittent wiper system. Overhead console at windshield could offer more nooks and crannies for maps & notebooks.