A massive V10 engine, a tiny uncomfortable cabin and more attitude than almost anything else on the road all combine to make the 2017 Dodge Viper a unique and fantastic car. It's mean, raw, unforgiving and sometimes terrifying, and that's all part of its strange appeal. If you're willing to give up comfort and convenience for thrills and raucous performance, a Viper might be just right.
- Massive V10 engine produces a ludicrous amount of power
- Handles like a purpose-built race car
- Infotainment interface is easy to use and connect your smartphone with
- It's arguably the last unfiltered and unapologetic sports car left.
- Ride quality is very stiff
- Outward visibility is poor
- Firm seats can be uncomfortable after time
- Entry/exit is extremely difficult for drivers and passengers
- No automatic transmission is available
- Poor fuel economy, even for a high-performance sports car.