The 2014 GMC Terrain is a generously equipped compact crossover SUV with an inviting interior. Acceleration and real-world fuel economy are unimpressive with the base four-cylinder engine, so the optional V6 is a worthwhile upgrade if it's within your budget.
- Premium look inside and out
- Quiet interior
- Comfortable highway ride
- Powerful available V6 engine
- Spacious and adjustable backseat.
- Four-cylinder version feels sluggish on the highway and real-world mpg falls well short of EPA ratings
- Less cargo space than rivals
- Steering isn't very precise.