2017 Audi S8 Review
Which S8 does Edmunds recommend?
For 2017, the Audi S8 is available only in Plus trim, upping the horsepower and torque levels of its turbocharged V8 engine, and sharpening its steering and suspension tuning. It comes very well equipped from the start, so packages and options will be for those with the most discerning needs. However, if you spend any amount of time in traffic, we'd recommend the Driver Assistance package that comes with adaptive cruise control, lane keeping assist, and collision avoidance and mitigation.
Edmunds' Expert Review
- Standard turbocharged V8 delivers incredibly quick acceleration
- All-wheel drive assures solid all-weather capability
- Clean design and high-quality materials throughout the cabin
- Drives and handles like a much smaller sedan
- Offered in only one very aggressive trim
- Less rear legroom than in its German competitors
- Not as much trunk space as you might expect for a car of its size
Features & Specs
Our experts like the S8 models:
- Active Lane Assist
- Detects lane markings and helps gently steer the vehicle back into the lane if you approach a line without the turn signal being activated.
- Adaptive Cruise Control with Stop & Go
- Maintains a set interval from a lead vehicle in front and will bring the vehicle to a stop as traffic dictates.
- Side Assist (Blind-Spot Monitoring)
- Monitors approaching traffic behind the vehicle using radar and warns the driver as necessary before a lane change.