Used 2007 Toyota 4Runner SUV Consumer Reviews - 94 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Toyota 4Runner SUV

View reviews for a specific 4Runner model:

Satisfied so far at 16k+
By jonzerstyle

2007 Toyota 4Runner SUV Sport Edition 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I really love this vehicle. My list of cars I have owned is as follows (for understanding purposes): Chevrolet Citation Toyota 4WD SR4 - with roll bar fun! Mustang 2000 coupe For the first time since owning my toy4wd I really like driving. This vehicle owns the off-road equally with the on-road. I can go off-roading to meet up with friends to shoot shotguns or cruise for malls for the girlfriend to shop at - hehe. Throw your snowboard and snow chains and gear in and go. My average MPG is min of 20. Acceleration is great - when some jerk is blocking - u can actually put the pedal to the metal and get around them. My 1 gripe is the AC controls are slightly annoying.

Fast acceleration when u need it, and the 4wd performance is awesome. At first it seemed acceleration lagged in response - but seemed to improve over time. Someone told me the shifting learns - maybe so. I like how it has been working for me over last 10k. 4wd is perfect.

Make AC simpler. Please make it so that AC does not default to circulate when AC is off. I think most people when they have AC off - want to not circulate air. Who picked this? It's annoying and everyone I know hates it when their "smart" ac picks circulate in this situation.

Outstanding all-around SUV
By Timothy Howes

2007 Toyota 4Runner SUV SR5 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Replaced a 2000 Isuzu Trooper. Was going to buy a smaller vehicle, but when I drove the 4Runner I was sold. Amazing ride and handling, yet very capable off-road. Fuel economy for body-on-frame SUV has been very reasonable at 22-23 mpg on highway, 18 mpg in town. Towing is impressive even with V-6. Tows my 4,500lb boat fairly easily. I like the fact that this is a no-bling vehicle that does what its supposed to do without excuses.

Nice level of standard equipment, even in SR5. Smooth ride. Surprisingly decent fuel economy, off-road ability. Base stereo isn't bad either. V-6 gives effortless power.

Not much, HVAC controls could stand some improvement, reclining back seat. Would be nice if vehicle were about 1- 2" higher to allow a little more height inside (I'm 6'2"). Though it doesn't need to be as tall as a Lexus GX 470.

Great Choice
By Nevster

2007 Toyota 4Runner SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I was on my way to buy an Acura RDX, when I drove by the Toyota dealership and remembered the 4Runner. I was love at first glance! Fabulous vehicle, couldn't be happier.

The look! It's tough and yet elegant -- perfect blend. Auto headlights, blue tooth, navigation placement with touchscreen. Unbelievably quite ride, even with sunroof open on freeway. Storage area perfect. Interior quality and look, sound system, everything!

Get the cargo net that stands vertically by the lift gate. My stuff always falls out when I lift it. Navigation is not very accurate and doesn't have many POI. Seats are too low for ride position (relation to pedals) and roof is to low. psngr seat has only 4 way adjust. No technology key option.

SR5 4WD Toyota 4Runner
By Bill

2007 Toyota 4Runner SUV SR5 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

One of the best vehicles I have ever owned. Really nice ride, excellent quality, the only complaint is the brake being too close to the accelerator.

Ride, electronic rear hatch closing, style, air conditioning/heater controls excellent, plenty of space.

Move brake pedal over some.

2007 Toyota 4Runner Limited
By MR. CLEAN

2007 Toyota 4Runner SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Had this suv for a week now, tows a 3000 lb trailer very easily. Went with the v-8 for this purpose. Ride is good for this type of SUV. Can't wait to drive it in the snow! Wife likes the dual climate control. Auto-dim rearview mirror is nice.

Lots of torque! The nav, Bluetooth and rear camera are fantastic.

More comfortable seats. Move the window and door lock swithes. Lighted switches. Better mpg.