Used 2006 Mazda 6 Consumer Reviews - 127 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Mazda 6

View reviews for a specific 6 model:

Sporty,comfort,convience
By aussie chicago

2006 Mazda 6 s Grand Sport 4dr Hatchback (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I recently traded a 97 outback, began looking for something sportier, more comfortable, with convenience of space, initially was looking at a newer outback, decided on the 6 hatch. Just had to be patient to find the right one, which took about 4 months. I didn't really need the fully optioned g/s, but I did want the Bose and sunroof, glad I did, feels very comfortable on long drives, power of the v6 is acceptable, handles very well, steering is perfect, love the space of the hatch with seats down, HIDs are nice, economy is not great but not horrible 19 cty, 27 hwy, just love the sporty style. Haven't had any problems at all.

Xenon lights, steer/audio controls, convenience of hatch, handling/driver input feel, comfort on long distance, stylish exterior, nav easy to use, 6 sp auto very smooth, 1 touch auto up/down windows with auto down from remote (nice in summer) quiet ride, little road noise, retractable key fob.

Better finish with materials in interior, leather feels a little cheap, need 1 touch sunroof opening, Bose system ok, not as good as the stock system in my 07 legacy, better vision in rear, difficult to judge back of car when parking, poor turning circle, heat coming through air vents on fresh.

Love my Mazda 6 w/4cyl
By James

2006 Mazda 6 s Sport 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This car has greatly exceeded my expectations! After 50k miles, not one "issue" and getting 31mpg on freeway! Love the handling, fuel mileage, and excellent room with rear seat folded. A friend has the 2006 Camry and she has less room in trunk and cannot fit her road bike in back unless both sides are folded, resulting in her able to only take 2 people...with my Mazda, I can get one road bike inside with only one side folded down and still able to carry three people (2 front/1 back seat). Happy Mazda driver here!

Seating/driving position is excellent and love the handling. Makes the Accord and Camry feel really vanilla...as in boring. And the 4cyl Mazda kills both the Accord and Camrys 4 cyl on performance (think passing quickly).

Turning radius is too wide, but not a big deal.

This car rocks!!
By DanelleT.

2006 Mazda 6 i 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Mazda doesn't lie. This car goes zoom zoom! and it has the heart of a sports car. I love it. The internal design is genius. There is so much more to thrill you about owning this vehicle! I paid $14,000 for this car and I think it's worth every penny. The color of royal blue with purple fleck catches everyones eye. My 18 year old son loves to drive it.I love this car more than any other car I've owned and I've owned quite a few. If you are thinking about buying this car, DO IT! You'll never look back! Make sure you get the color you want, because that's what others see first. They teased me for being picky but I don't regret it.I love my car!

You can control the stereo from the steering wheel. ALL displays light up red in the dark. The seats are so comfortable. Lots of secret compartments. Stain resistant interior.

I wish it was a convertible, but in Washington, it's just as well that it's not. I love this car, don't change a thing!

Decent car
By M6

2006 Mazda 6 s 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I bought this car used and when I took it for a check up there were no problems after two years of use. There was slight battery corrosion after a few months but it was easy to fix. The interior is awful, there are so many cup holders but cups won't fit in most. There are also a lot of compartments that even a CD holder won't fit in. This car is great on the highway but guzzles gas in the city.

Fun to drive, nice to drive on the highway.

More efficient interior design.

Horrible Car!
By Horrible Car!

2006 Mazda 6 s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

First off, I love to drive this car, its a lot of fun. But, I hate to own this car. It is the worst car I have ever owned. It only has 33,000 miles and I've had to have two sensors replaced, a transmission replaced, have the wiring and lightbulb under the cup holder adjusted because the lightbulb burnt a hold in the cup holder. Its just been one thing after another with this car. I was on the fence between an Accord and this car. I wish I would have gone with the Accord, because I would have a reliable car with good resale rather than a car about to fall apart. I will NEVER buy a Mazda again, and I will tell everyone I know to be wary, they are awful!

Fun to drive

Improve quality! This car is incredibly unreliable, so Mazda should work on that.