Used 2005 Mazda 6 Consumer Reviews - 209 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Mazda 6

View reviews for a specific 6 model:

I Liked it at first....
By Unhappy Mazda owner

2005 Mazda 6 s Sport 4dr Sports Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I've owned this car for quite a while now, and I have 32,000 miles on it. It's been in the service shop 8 times over the past year. Twice to re-machine the brake rotors, twice for a fan control module, and the rest of the times for interior squeaks and rattles. I am not impressed with the quality of the car, or the service at the dealership. I liked the car at first, the styling, power, and stereo made me a happy consumer. My experience has left me cold, though.

Sporty look, price, power, stereo.

Quality of the car, and Mazda service.

Mazda6
By Kalimotxo

2005 Mazda 6 s Sport 4dr Sports Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Although I just got this car I love it so far. It's exactly what I wanted except I could not get a 2005 model with a sun roof. Otherwise, the sport model looks amazing. A nice blend of sporty and refinement. Given its rather taught suspension it rides very well, is quiet at highway speeds and offers respectable interior room. Acceleration is very good and braking seems to be decent.

Exterior design, automatic climate control, acceleration and handling.

I wish the front doors would automatically unlock when you pull the interior door handle, like Fords. Brakes seem to chatter already and I will be asking the dealer to look them over.

SPORT Wagon is Correct Name
By PM013

2005 Mazda 6 s Grand Touring 4dr Sport Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I have a 2005 fully loaded Sport Wagon (May 2005) and I have 10,000KM (6,000 Miles). This is one fun car to drive! My wife always fights me for the keys, Took it on our first real highway trip this summer and got 29MPG at 75MPH. Great SPORT wagon. No regrets at all.

Great to drive, smooth and fast!

Both seats should be powered and with memory would be perfect.

Wow! What a car
By vasquez1

2005 Mazda 6 i Sport 4dr Sports Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

What can I say. I bought my Mazda6 for the fuel economy (I had a truck...BLAH) and how surprised was I to find out that this 4 door sedan was a sports car in disguise! Aside from the roomy interior and the great handling this baby comes loaded with a BOSE sound system, an in dash 6 disc CD changer (I don't know if that is standard) and power everything. All my friends are jealous and I absolutely love this car. If you're looking for a fun car to drive that looks great and is light on the wallet (on the lot and at the pump) then the Mazda6 is the way to go. ZOOM!ZOOM!

Very Functional, Fun Car to Drive
By Mark

2005 Mazda 6 s Sport 4dr Hatchback (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I purchased this car after owning a Tribute for five years. I love to drive and the Tribute was not fun to drive. This car handles about as well as an A4 and has a great combo of sportiness and comfort. Quiet, rattle free and a HUGE cargo area. I can put a bicycle in the back without removing either wheel. It's basically a wagon that looks nice. I love the exterior styling. The only qualm I have about the car is lack of low end torque from the V6. Nothing happens until 3000rpm or so. But, no worries, I like to rev it. It cruises on the highway with no effort. Very quiet and the Bose system is fabulous. Great car for the money.

Suspension, storage space, Bose system, slick shifting 5 speed, fairly decent fuel mileage (about 27 at 80 on my last trip) and exterior appearance.

More low end torque. Other than that, this is by far the best Mazda I have owned and this is my fifth.