Used 2007 Mazda 3 Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 94 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Mazda 3 Hatchback

View reviews for a specific 3 model:

Your opinions helped me, so...
By zeroismydoggie

2007 Mazda 3 Hatchback s Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I researched various cars over a year ago before my purchase, and online reviews were a large part of it. To return the favour, I'll write about my Mazda 3 5-door. Everything about it is great. My boyfriend has an Avalanche and can barely afford to drive it, but my car, even with the high gas prices, is $45 every 2 weeks. And I drive home at lunch every day. The back seats fold down so my 2 large dogs can fit in the back without destruction, and with the hatchback I just lift up the trunk to let them jump in. I hesitated to get the fit, scion a & versa as they were puny. This car has some guts but is sporty and versatile at the same time. Cheers.

Can play iTunes from my iPhone

The back cover thing in the trunk is hard to get back on once it's off. Could be user error.

Good All-Around Car
By JustAGuy

2007 Mazda 3 Hatchback s Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I've had this car for almost a year and have enjoyed it very much. It is very comfortable and stylish and is a pleasure to drive. For being a naturally aspirated 4-banger, it also performs pretty well. It is a great daily driver that I am very proud to own.

This is one of the few cars that still offer a decent manual transmission. The guage cluster is sweet. Everything about the interior belongs in a higher-class vehicle.

The gas-mileage does not come anywhere close to the EPA estimates unless you drive like a grandma at all times. The estimated city mileage is a claimed 26, but I've never gotten over 21, which I had to earn by keeping the RPM under 2.2.

Very FUN to drive
By CarFanatic1987

2007 Mazda 3 Hatchback s Grand Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

I've had the car about a month now and I can honestly say it is the best car I've ever owned (and I've had a new car almost every year for the past 6 years). It's fun to drive and sporty and I love the heated leather seats. Very minimal road noise compared to other cars that I've owned. I've been getting fairly good gas mileage, I'm not really sure how the people reporting bad gas mileage drive but I try to keep it under 2 RPM which is about 55 mph in 5th gear, and I've been getting upper 20's low 30's on average with mostly in town driving. On the other hand if I drive it like a sports car and stomp on the gas which makes the RMP's jump up.

Heated leather seats, automatic headlights, rain sensing wipers, Bose stereo system w/ 6 CD changer and iPod integration. I like the hatchback for hauling stuff and the dogs.

Wish Sirius was standard, I don't like the light silver paint color, wish it was the darker grey. Also wish it was MT instead of AT but when you buy a used car you take what you can get.

Great car
By Sean

2007 Mazda 3 Hatchback s Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I was looking a sporty but practical car, and one that I could fit 4-5 adults along with a large dog (88 lb golden retriever) in the back. I have been very happy with my decision as it has overall been a great car. Fun to drive (manual), great handling/corning with 17" wheels, great in snow with winter tires & traction control and at 9K miles I have had no problems at all. Gas mileage is ok (26 mpg average) but would like to have smaller engine offered or other option on wagon to improve fuel economy for such a small car.

Fun, responsive car for spirited drivers (manual). Small car with room for 4 adults and large dog in back. The rubber liner is a must if you have a dog. Received many compliments on the looks of the car (phantom blue). Like the storage compartments over the spare tire.

Improve mpg for wagon. Increase toe room underneath front seat to maximum rear seat room. (1 vertical extra inch would feel like ~5" more legroom)

2007 Mazda3
By Jennifer Galloway

2007 Mazda 3 Hatchback s Sport 4dr Hatchback (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

I have been very happy with the reliability, power, and comfort of this car but disappointed with the poor fuel economy.

My big dogs love that the rear seat folds almost flat so they can ride in comfort. I like having the temperature display and the steering wheel controls for the stereo system.

I am disappointed in my poor gas milege. It was supposed to get 25 to 31. I'm still getting 19 to 22 even after a year of driving. The dealer told me it would "take a year to break in before getting the better mileage". It would be nice if the center console cup holder was removable for cleaning