Used 2008 Toyota Corolla Sedan Consumer Reviews - 84 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Toyota Corolla Sedan

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:

Fun, Reliable Car
By Lina

2008 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I've had this car for almost 2 years now. I fell in love with the color first (Speedway blue) and then liked the rest of it. LOVE the sunroof; I drive with it and my windows open every day during the summer. It handles pretty well, EXCEPT in snow! Do NOT buy this car if you live where it snows a lot. I end up taking public transportation every time it snows. I haven't had any mechanical problems with it - just the regular maintenance. The only thing is the driver's window rattles and the breaks just started squeaking, but those are very minor. It is very spacious - inside the car AND trunk. Overall, great car, just wish it was better in snow!

sunroof, color, space, sporty look, comfy seats

If this car was available in all-wheel drive, I would love it so much more. Those 10-20 days in which I have to drive with it in snow, truly make it hard to love.

A chick magnet
By jrmulch

2008 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

A great car. I call it my golf cart for the interstate. Gets great gas mileage, roomy interior and trunk. Great sound system. My 15 year old thinks it is the bomb with speedway blue metallic color and the exterior moldings. I think I may not be driving this car when she turns 16. Oh well, I'll just buy another one.

Ease of handling, quiet ride, gas mileage, roomy.

Bigger engine option. The Camry V6 would be great.

2008 Corolla S
By JP

2008 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Lets see, I traded in my 2005 Toyota Matrix XRS 6 speed manual for a 2008 Toyota Corolla S automatic. First thing I noticed was how smooth the ride was. Interior materials are excellent...and the exterior styling was very well done with the ground effects, and spoiler. The white faced gauges are something I really like...very sporty but also very useful day or night time. I see they did away with those in the 2009 model. Overall, very pricey for a small car but hey you get what you pay for. I think the Corolla is worth it. Test drive it...appreciate it for what it is...a small fuel efficient vehicle that has some nice sporty accents and a bullet proof engine.

Exterior styling, Interior quality materials, White face gauges, Sunroof, Spoiler, Ground effects, Smooth ride

Better breathing via exhaust or intake.

08 Corolla S auto with Jbl sound VSA
By superjohn

2008 Toyota Corolla Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I now have 21000 miles & love the car. I avg 31mpg on my short trips lots of 3mile rides to work. When I am on the freeway I get 38 to 41 mpg depends on how much of a hurry I am in. Love the 5k oil change interval. The trak control or VSA is a must have. JBL sound upgrade is not that special. It's the best car for the money for sure.

VSA, Side air curtains, great gas mileage. My over all avg for 21k miles is 35mpg with 70% short trips.

XM radio, Trunk button on the keyless remote would be nice.

Not what I expected
By JD

2008 Toyota Corolla Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car for my own first brand new car off the lot. Came as a recommendation from my parents who wouldn't help me look at anything else. A year later, I wish I would have taken my chances on my own. Uncomfortable, poor ride, driving position is horrible, can feel the engine vibrating through the floor boards with only 9000 miles on it. Way overpriced for what you get. Recently test drove other cars and realized how big a mistake the corolla was. I would not recommend this car to anyone.

The only positive I have for this car is the gas mileage.

More comfortable seats, better driving position, better suspension, improve the look... not exactly a visual appealing design, better noise and vibration dampening would be nice.