If you want a midsize SUV that does a little of everything, the 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee is tough to beat. Its well-trimmed cabin is comfy for five, and it's one of the few remaining utility vehicles that can handle both off-road trails and daily commutes.
- Strong and fuel-efficient engine lineup, including a new diesel V6
- Upscale interior
- Plenty of luxury and technology-oriented features
- Irrefutable off-road ability
- Outlandish SRT model.
- Typically more expensive than competitors
- Stiff ride quality
- Diesel engine is noisy when idling.