Used 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Consumer Reviews - 198 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:

Terrible Diesel engine
By Daryl

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Multiple returns to dealer for problems with Diesel engine. Towed to dealers twice. Plus a vacation interruption because it went into limp mode. At a dealer now for past two weeks 200 miles from home. Multiple visits for engine light being on. Injectors replaced once. Catalytic converter replaced once. Many more problems. The engine does perform great when not in shop.

What can I tell you, it’s a JEEP
By Dan Getchel

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

With the exception of normal repairs, my Grand Cherokee has had no major problems. Having said that, it’s the first vehicle that I have ever owned that had to have the rear brakes replaced before the front. I’ve replaced the rears twice and the fronts once. My biggest complaint: $287.00 to replace the 2 LED’s over the rear reg plate so it could pass state inspection. A lot of money to replace 2 light bulbs. Other than that it has been a solid vehicle and I intend on keeping it for at least another five years, mostly because it’s paid for. Select a year isn’t working, I bought it in 2013.

2014 GC Limited 4WD
By Joe

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Just purchase an one owner with 112K miles. I am impressed with its very low road and tire noise, engine and transmission smoothness, and its gas mileage. On the drive back from Knoxville on a 400 mile trip, its actual mpg was 27.5mpg. Its 25 gallon tank is great for road trips. My son's 2008 GC with its thirsty 3.7L V-6 hardly got 19mpg on highway. Seat comfort and handling are very good. The IP info are easy to scroll thru while driving. The U Connect is one of the best and simplest to operate I have ever seen. Many people think how wonder Toyota is......I sold my ( purchased new) 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD sport since I could not stand its wimpy V-6 and terrible 6 speed transmission. Toyota with all its mighty should look at FCA and learn from its 3.6L engine and its 8 speed transmission. I know there were confusion with 2014-2015 GC shifter lever but I do not find it confusing. It is different and you must pay attention to it, understand and learn it but it is not a terrible shifter. FCA has done an excellent job with 2014-present GCs. I hope they continue their great work and don't cut corners on next generation WL version.

Disappointing
By C.S.N

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I had always wanted a Jeep Grand Cherokee growing up. That’s why in oct 2016 at the age of 31 I was thrilled when I purchased a 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee. That’s when my nightmare began. I received recalls in the mail every week (I wish I was kidding). One day while driving home from work my car went completely dead while I was going 70mph on the interstate. Thankfully I was able to pull off onto the shoulder before it completely turned its self off. The Jeep just doesn’t drive smooth. The alignment has always been off. The car would hit any bump in the road and slide around very easily. I eventually became very scared to drive the Jeep. I didn’t know if it was going to break down yet again due to another recall, or if I would lose control while driving due to the poor alignment. Luckily I was able to trade my Jeep in for a Chevy and get out of my loan. Never again will I purchase a Jeep. Such a disappointment .

Blessed
By Krivas

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Transmission issues are definitely something to consider, so make sure you research the crap out of the vehicle you’re considering.