Used 2005 INFINITI G35 Consumer Reviews - 338 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 INFINITI G35

View reviews for a specific G35 model:

Front tires need replaced every 7k miles
By Todd Akron, OH

2005 INFINITI G35 Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Love driving this car, except for the front tire wear. I am on my second set of front tires in 1 yr. Both sets of tires have had uneven wear on the inside treads, about every other 1" of tire there is a flat and peak area.

Handling, muscular body, 19" wheels, exhaust growl

stereo system

purchased used
By CDPHOUSTON

2005 INFINITI G35 Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I just picked up one of these with the sports package, being a Toyota and Lexus owner for years I wanted a new drive experience, These G35's perform well, very fast and just a great feeling of quality, Bose system sounds great.

Bose Stereo System, and Automatic to Manual Transmission control.

Just a slight but very slight increase in the exhaust would make the perfect rumble.

Love It!!!
By Gbreeze

2005 INFINITI G35 x AWD 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I just bought this car used with 50k miles. We have been getting a lot of snow lately and my AWD G35 handles great in snow. My driveway drifts every year and I didn't even shovel it out. I wanted to test my G35 and it got right out. The car looks awesome as well, and the 280 hp is sweet too. This is the closest thing to German engineering. The handling, performance, horsepower minus the reliability problems that German cars are known for. I wish it had better gas mileage but I know it's my fault because I have a heavy foot at times.

Exterior design, AWD, Bose stereo system.

Better gas mileage.

Japanese BMW
By Dasher2143

2005 INFINITI G35 Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I've owned three BMWs - two 3-series and a 5-series - and drive hard; my 5-series had the Dinan Stage 2 kit in it. Got tired of maintaining BMWs. Wish I had done it two cars ago. Infiniti has tons of power, handling is excellent, car is so solid in feel. If you have $50K for a BMW 550i and $3K a year to maintain it, ok, but the G35 is very, very damn close for 40% less money. Lows: Brakes are not quite up to what I am used to. Bose stereo is a disappointment. The suspension is smooth, but not as composed as a BMW over rough pavement. Highs: Power. Engine has a great sound. The design is well thought out. Good back seat space/comfort. Inexpensive maintenance compared to a German car.

Handling, power. Great interior design.

Better sound insulation. Get Boston Acoustics or MB Quart or someone that knows what they are doing put in a stereo to match the level of the rest of the car. Better OEM rubber - I would gladly have paid an extra $750 for PS2's or Eagle F1's.

Nice and Sporty Entry Level Luxury Car
By Justinr321

2005 INFINITI G35 Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I bought this vehicle after I totaled my 2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse. I wanted something very nice but not too expensive considering I was only going to finance something for about 3 years (I didn't want to keep my next car very long). I ultimately decided on a used luxury car and found this. It is a great car. It is fast, very comfortable, drives smoothly, luxurious, and actually gets ok gas mileage. I like it much better than my Eclipse. Drives amazing at 66,000 miles.

Intelligent Key system (I don't have to fumble with my keys to open the door or even start it!), Bose sound system, interior space, luxury features (climate control, seat memory, seat heating, smooth ride, etc), engine power.

Maybe improve gas mileage a bit, rattles a bit but that could be because of age (has 66,000 miles), engine sounds good (very sporty) but is a bit loud at highway rpm (3.5k+)