Used 2006 Honda CR-V Consumer Reviews - 153 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Honda CR-V

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:

30+ yrs of Driving Hondas
By ML Sylvester

2006 Honda CR-V Special Edition 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I've been driving Hondas since 1977 (accord, civics, hybrid and acura) and this is my 6th. I really enjoy my '06 CRV/SE. It handles well and is the perfect size for me. I traded in my Civic Hybrid because I wanted more room for camping, etc. The Hybrid got about 42+ mpg so it's a bit tough getting used to the new 22 mpg at 30%/70% city/hwy driving in the CR-V. I haven't decided which model I'm getting for my 7th.

Love the heated seats! Location of controls, roominess, stereo sound, auto window up, all the cubbyholes/pockets.

Power seats, better cup holders, make the backseats removable.

2006 Best Choice
By Mike

2006 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Decided on the 2006 due to the 2007's lack of a manual trans. The CR-V has done everything I've asked of it. Trips to the hardware store, plowing through snow storms, hauling people and gear with ease, it's just about the perfect vehicle. Fuel economy hovers in the upper 20's in the summer, low 20's in the winter. Recommend the CR-V to anyone who asks.

Stability control, all-wheel-drive, adjustable rear seats, huge cargo area, cool handbrake lever

Needs 6th gear for freeway, telescoping steering wheel adjust would be appreciated

wished i would have stayed with ford
By rr

2006 Honda CR-V LX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

has been in shop 11 times in 14 months, 7 trips re brakes alone, replaced rotors and pads front and rear at 18,000 mi, rear axle hub at 14,500 [warped], cv joint front at 38,000, still has vibration, only new car in 25 yr of marriage and we are disappointed beyond words. honda's "TUDE" is "we dont make mistakes, it must be your driving style"plan on replacing this summer

none

more comfortable seats,larger sunroof,better gas mileage

pulling to the right
By roberts

2006 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

My CRV pulls to the right and sometimes the left. It is not consistent so the dealership says it will be "hard to find". They also said Hondas are built to pull to the right in case you fall asleep at the wheel! I find it very annoying. I also don't like that you can't lock the doors before you get out and shut the door. And as a minor irritant, the door lock's situated so that my husband and I always think it's the window control. I think it should also have daytime running lights. I intend to trade this vehicle in next fall. I owned a CRX for 8 years and totally loved it. Again, these are just my complaints; Hondas overall, I believe, are great vehicles.

safety rating, adjustability of back seats, back door (how it opens), pick- up/speed

daytime running lights, no pulling to the right

Our First Honda-A wise choice!
By Andy

2006 Honda CR-V Special Edition 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This is our first Honda CR-V. We decided on the SE model because of all the options it offered. In general I like the vehicle but I do have some problems with the interior. It has ample power, gets good highway gas mileage, and is very comfortable on long trips. Everything is close to the driver and the steering wheel controls are intelligently placed, although the cruise control on/off switch could have been placed in a better spot. We were able to store tons of luggage for the annual Christmas Trip from Evansville IN to San Antonio Tx. We are very pleased with our investment.

Comfort on long trips, all the room this vehicle offers, the highway gas mileage is excellent, great styling, bulletproof dependability, power and handling, and all the safety and techno features (ABS, Stability Control, Traction Control, EBF, 5 star crash rating).

Road Noise levels could be improved some and the front seats seem to be loose and rattling. The cruise on/off switch needs to be placed in more driver friendly location. City gas mileage could be better. Otherwise, I would buy another CR-V because I simply enjoy this one.