Used 2005 Buick LaCrosse Consumer Reviews - 144 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Buick LaCrosse

View reviews for a specific LaCrosse model:

05 Buick Lacross
By Ron

2005 Buick LaCrosse CX 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Overall ride and comfort has been very good. Whisper quiet, comfortable on long trips, firm suportive seats. I purchased the bucket seats as the bench seat has a dumb looking fold out center console. Controls well placed. Car had a brake pulsation caused from warped brake rotors. Car was fixed but when I picked the car up in a rainstorm found passenger side flooded with water. Had to bring car back twice to have leak fixed. Was not a happy person! That was unacceptable to me as build quality should have been better. Overall since that time all has been good with no other issues. Hope it stays that way. The interior (Tan) is what I bought needs to be darker to show less dirt. Good value overall.

Quite ride. Comfortable seats. Plenty of front driverside leg room. Good overall power and fuel mileage. Solid feel. 3.8 liter motor has proven inself to be a very reliable engine.

A/C recirculation button needs to stay on after car is turned off. darker color tan interior as the light color shows the dirt much quicker. A area to place you hand on when closing the truck so you do not have to touch the paint. Also the option of turning off the daytime running light permanently.

Riding with a GM product
By Ray Horn

2005 Buick LaCrosse CXL 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

There were several models of Buick that I had been interested in, the LaCrosse caught my eye. The car was not too big, nor too small, the fact that the rear seats fold down for more room was impressive. I am a gadget person, this car has just about everthing, yet it is safe and secure, there is less road noise due to the insulation and efforts by GM to keep the noise level down. Of course one of the pleasing items is the gas mileage, it is good! All in all, I enjoy the vehicle and its workmanship.

Love this car!
By garyjerjay

2005 Buick LaCrosse CXL 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I am past my "beat the other guy off the line" days but I wanted a car that had decent acceleration and one that did not ride like the old Buick floating ride, but rather one that had a smooth quiet ride, and one that you could also feel the road under you and was firm in the corners. My Lacrosse after 3,500 is all that I wanted and more. No, the accereration does not snap your neck back but is more than adequate. The cabin is incredibly quiet and the power seats are very comfortable. There is enough room in the trunk for four sets of golf clubs and there is room in the cabin for four adults although the back seat could use a little more room. This is a great car for this old baby boomer!

Remote starter, driver information center, upgraded stereo is worth the money, incredibly quiet and smooth ride and I can't wait for winter to use the heated seats.

Cabin could be a little larger. A hook to hang my clothes on the assist handle above the window doesn't work. Memory on the drivers side power seat. Gas mileage could be a little better but I get 17-20mpg in town depending on how fast I leave the stop lights and 28mpg @ 75mph on the freeway

Nice car!
By Steve

2005 Buick LaCrosse CX 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This car rides and drives like a Lexus. Buick has outdone itself with the development. Cab comfort is well recieved. I commute a good distance every day and driving this car makes it much easier.

Remote starter, Interior design, acceleration, handling

Larger gas tank, better mileage, Better foot pedal design for those of us with a shoe size bigger than mens's 9.

This car turns heads
By THOMAS

2005 Buick LaCrosse CXS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 4A)

This is the best car I have had in years, ever time I go some were I always here someone say nice car, my car is black on black, over all this is one nice car.

Leather seats and good looks

More leg room in the back seat