The Nissan Altima is a five-passenger midsize family sedan that represents a step up in size from the smaller Sentra and just below the sportier Maxima in Nissan's lineup. The Altima was last redesigned in 2019, which means the 2022 model year likely marks the midway point of this generation. Considering Nissan's recent unveiling of the all-electric Ariya SUV — which will probably dictate the styling of future vehicles — we wouldn't be surprised if the Altima gets a styling refresh along with new and updated features. This is pure speculation for now, but we should have more information as we get closer to the middle of 2021. Check back here for all the latest updates.
2022 Nissan Altima videos
2019 Nissan Altima First Drive
NOTE: This video is about the 2019 Nissan Altima, but since the 2022 Nissan Altima is part of the same generation, our earlier analysis still applies.
Is the Nissan Altima a good car?
What's new in the 2022 Nissan Altima?
According to Edmunds’ car experts, here’s what’s new for the 2022 Nissan Altima:
- New Midnight Edition package for the Altima SR
- No other notable changes for 2022
- Part of the sixth Altima generation introduced for 2019
Is the Nissan Altima reliable?
Is the 2022 Nissan Altima a good car?
How much should I pay for a 2022 Nissan Altima?
The least-expensive 2022 Nissan Altima is the 2022 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT). Including destination charge, it arrives with a Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) of about $24,900.
Other versions include:
- 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT) which starts at $24,900
- 2.5 SV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT) which starts at $25,900
- 2.5 SR 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT) which starts at $26,900
- 2.5 SV 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT) which starts at $27,300
- 2.5 SR 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT) which starts at $28,300
- 2.5 SL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT) which starts at $30,340
- VC-T SR 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo CVT) which starts at $31,250
- 2.5 SL 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT) which starts at $31,740
- 2.5 Platinum 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl CVT) which starts at $34,600