Don't be fooled by the great reviews! I think people don't know any better!
By face6 on
2012 Toyota 4Runner Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)
I am very disappointed with this SUV! I purchased my 4 runner in 2011 and have 27,000 miles on it currently. My main issues are as follows: 1) Price to value - MSRP on my limited was $43,000+ in my opinion after owning it and driving it - its really a $33,000 SUV (or should be priced this way.) Very tinny sounding when you slam the door - seems like poor quality, somewhat underpowered, many interior features cheap and plastic, Handles poorly - (See consumer reports negative reviews) - I ignored them when i bought mine. Nav/Bluetooth very antiquated - Nav way behind the times. Bluetooth sound quality when on your phone is poor. Trunk area - slight tilt Groceries shift milk falls out/breaks
Favorite Features
Strong resale - so i am told, better gas mileage than most ave 17.8
Suggested Improvements
Make better quality product for the money. Upgrade nav - Very expensive ($2500)for what you get. I had a 2006 Acura TL with nav and blue tooth that was way ahead of this. Need to revamp the trunk area - I have the 3rd row model this slight tilt causes grocery's or anything to slide up against the gate so that when you open the gate it all falls out on your feet. Milk explodes, anything glass breaks in your driveway ( spaghetti sauce, my flat screen computer monitor etc) This is what caused me to write this review. Toyota nickel and dimes you. No running board, no mud flaps etc. "cargo nets" everything is an accessory separately purchased.
By magluk
on 10/08/12 08:28 AM (PDT)

The SUV is nice but for SR5 starting @38K or Limited @ 45K you get robed. No gate assist, no running boards, no mud flaps, big metal antenna that my 2008 does not have. For the ridicules price this thing should be well equipped.