2009 Acura MDX Consumer Review: Not what I expected from Acura

2009 Acura MDX - Consumer Review

Not what I expected from Acura
By Papa Leo on

2009 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

13 months into ownership and I have nothing but a trouble with that car. One week into ownership, Air Bag warning came up. It was found that side B-pillar air bag was lose. Another 2 month, car started to pull to the side badly (car had only 3K miles on it), it was found to be misaligned. Another 2 month, gas door wouldn't keep close (replaced under warranty). Another 6 months into ownership and drive side window wouldn't open (window motor bad). My previous '03 Mitsubishi Montero didn't see repair shop for 6 years I owned it (55K miles), only oil changes, tire replacement, and one new set of brakes before drunk driver plunged into me and totaled it. This is my first and the last Acura.

Seating for 7. SH-AWD 300 hp engine

For the price of the base model ($40K) it could at least include backup assistance and not being a $1000 dealer installed option.
By tacole17
on 10/13/11 19:57 PM (PDT)

Sorry you ran into so much trouble. Mine has 32,000 and has been perfect (knock on simulated wood)... I love it on long road trips.