2009 Acura MDX SUV Consumer Reviews 4

2009 Acura MDX SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MDX model:
Disappointment!
By Marisol Wesson on 07/28/09 14:42 PM (PDT)

2009 Acura MDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I am a complete Acura fan. I have owned 3 Acura cars (all TLs) and now my great MDX. I fell in love with the MDX, its performance and reliability.. Feel safe and excited driving the MDX. However, for some reason, and for the first time, I've had several electrical issues. First, the CD player got stuck and it had to be replaced. Now, the electronics on the seats do not work, the memory is gone. The Bluetooth for my phone sometimes works but most of the time, I have to take my calls from the cell phone directly as the calls do not get through. After paying so much money for this MDX, it is disappointing to be having so many problems. Yes, Acura dealer will correct all these problems.

Solid SUV
By Dmitriy on 07/23/09 18:45 PM (PDT)

2009 Acura MDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

This is a very well-built SUV. Great interior, audio, engine, transmission. Exterior design will be updated, no doubt. Fuel-economy is a really big down side. Otherwise, better-priced then BMW and Audi. Way better, than Mazda and American-made SUVs.

Nice SUV, Could Be Better
By Ralph on 07/21/09 13:50 PM (PDT)

2009 Acura MDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I am very impressed with the handling and many electronic features of the MDX, but I am somewhat disappointed in some of the interior fit & finish, harshness/loudness of the engine, audio quality, complexity of the navigation system, and the dealer add-ons that should be standard in a $40K+ vehicle.

Huge mistake!
By Jessie P on 07/03/09 01:28 AM (PDT)

2009 Acura MDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD w/Sport, Entertainment Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Generally I buy cars based on my trust in a company. I've owned a total of 6 Honda products (including Acura - TL), and all of them have been outstanding. This vehicle is a big disappointment!!! Where do I begin? I buy Honda products (and Japanese vehicles in general) for their bulletproof reliability, but I've had numerous problems with this MDX - been to dealer 6 times! Electrical issues, and a Transmission issue, and some others....and the power/acceleration is very mediocre (300hp?? Yeah, right!), and the ENGINE is VERY NOISY and unrefined when accelerating!!! Shocking for a luxury vehicle. Terrible leather! Sound system, Nav and handling are the only good attributes of this vehicle.

Not too shabby!
By JW on 06/29/09 20:43 PM (PDT)

2009 Acura MDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD w/Sport, Entertainment Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Owned it for only a few days and really enjoy driving it. Panel controls are complicated but not impossible. Will see about reliability later...

Pretty good
By Dave on 06/20/09 10:01 AM (PDT)

2009 Acura MDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Nice car. Build quality is excellent. Dealer service has been excellent. Bluetooth cell phone pairing is easy and nice. Seats are hard for me to set up comfortably though and the headrests are absolutely awful. Very uncomfortable due b/c they tilt too far forward. Dash has too many buttons. Acura should consolidate the controls to make them easier to use, rather than trying to make you depend on voice input. GPS requires far too many steps. No iPod integration is disappointing. Needs better, more durable clear coat on the paint. Rear camera display hangs switching modes (dark to light) backing out of a driveway so often is useless when needed most on a sunny day.

So Far So GOOD!
By ljndsl on 06/01/09 12:45 PM (PDT)

2009 Acura MDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Picked up this vehicle one month ago and so far logged 3200 miles without any problems. The vehicle runs great and is very comfortable for a guy who is 6'5" tall and 280lbs. I researched all AWD high end vehicles and went with the MDX. I had the car in for service at the dealership I purchased it and they were fantastic and extremely professional, so maybe Honda has listened and read all the consumer complaints. Last, I own a BMW X3 also... this SUV smokes the X3 in regards to service maintenance. A BMW oil change is 250.00 plus... a Acura oil change is 39.00 with a free car wash!

Great 3-row SUV
By J. Isman on 05/31/09 15:48 PM (PDT)

2009 Acura MDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

For comfort and luxury it can't be beaten....design is sharp, esp. front grill and badge....wish the city gas mileage were a bit better...not bad tho' on the highway...

Safe and solid performer
By IN46321 on 05/09/09 16:31 PM (PDT)

2009 Acura MDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Love my MDX. Solid build quality and fit n finish. Did a apples to apples comparison with the Lexus RX 350. Hands down the MDX is much better value. The smoothness of the ride and the technology package is just incredible. My 2 kids(8 & 6) are having a ball. Bluetooth and phone book downloads are so convenient. The navigation system with lane assist, traffic updates and other advanced features like Zagat rocks! Xm is a nice icing on the cake..Can't stop looking at it and driving it. Plunge in and pamper yourself. You live only once..

Disappointing
By amital on 05/07/09 14:46 PM (PDT)

2009 Acura MDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology, Entertainment Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Save your money folks -lot better stuff out there for the price. Have owned new MDX for about a year. Maintenance costs are VERY high. Differential fluid changes every 15,000 miles - not kidding. It's based on the service code. Dealers are all old school and in terrible condition. Have been to 3 different ones and they're all unprofessional -- and crooks to boot! Today I took the MDX in and apparently the brakes went out at 25000 miles. Fog/DTL light cover had melted from heat and they told me the exhaust from someone backing up real close must have done it -- unbelievable! Acura cust svc is just as bad. I have a Lexus too-the service experience and reliability is in a whole diff. league.