Used 2002 Toyota Sequoia Consumer Reviews - 198 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2002 Toyota Sequoia

View reviews for a specific Sequoia model:

One of the best!
By Rickey Lee

2002 Toyota Sequoia Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

We bought our 2002 Toyota Sequoia Limited 4x4 New and have been all over the US threw a snow storm on I40 from Flagstaff AZ to Texas and never-never slipped a wheel and Fords-Chev-Cad- SUV's tried to follow me and ended up stuck on the side of the road ! Believe me the snow was deep and the interstate was closed! This is by far the best and safest SUV on the road! Thank you TOYOTA from the Amerson family,

Better gas MPG!

Super SUV
By JUNIOR JOE

2002 Toyota Sequoia SR5 2WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I bought the Sequoia used with 22,000 miles. The SUV has been super in every aspect except the front brakes, rotors warped three times, the Toyota dealer replaced at no charge to me for both rotors and pads. It is very comfortable on long trips for front and rear passengers. The average mpg is 16 that I can live with. Hauling my travel trailer it gets 11 mpg, still ok in my book, since the trailer weighs 5,500 lbs fully loaded. I have had no problem with the engine and transmission, both run very smooth.

Seats big and comfortable. Stability control was standard on this SUV before the domestic SUVs offered it. Easy to drive with a trailer behind. Power driver and passenger seats, cupholders, storage, sound system, etc.

Improve the front brakes. Have seats disappear into floor rather than having to take them out to provide a flat floor for more room.

My Sequoia
By Arvella

2002 Toyota Sequoia SR5 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

My Sequoia is wonderful. I purchased it in April 2006 and it had 36,000 miles on it. I have had to pay only for oil changes. I rotate the tires every other oil change. I now have 83k miles and I have purchased a battery. I will purchase tires this winter for the first time. Gas is expensive. When you drive a V8 gas is expensive. You can not purchase a more reliable SUV. You get what you pay for. It rolls on the freeway like ice. It is smooth. If you like heavy vehicles this is the truck for you. Its very classy and stylish. I have five children and we ride very comfortable. So do all of your research when you are getting ready to purchase a SUV. You will be satisfied with a Sequoia.

Its height. Very heavy and sturdy. Cute. Radio is nice. You have a lot of trunk space room for groceries. Your towing capacity is nice. The engine is large and sound.

None I am very satisfied with my Sequoia. It is the best investment in an SUV that I have made ever.

2002 Sequoia Review
By jay

2002 Toyota Sequoia SR5 2WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I've had mine about a year & have zero complaints. I bought it with 100K miles from a dealer who has sold me a number of Toyotas & I would not buy anything else. It is a used vehicle & friends comment that it looks very well kept. It drives great, visibility is great, never had any problems. gas mileage is not so good, but if you want great gas mileage, buy something else. If you want comfort & a reliable family SUV that protects you, you need to drive it!

very comfortable ride, good looking vehicle.

The dash clock is too low to read. Split tailgate would be nice, & the remote tailgate glass down feature is great, but why not allow it to raise also.

LOVE LOVE LOVE my truck....but....
By Wentz Family

2002 Toyota Sequoia SR5 2WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I have owned my 2002 sequoia now for 4 years and have only replaced tires. It is an amazing vehicle. When my husband and I were looking, a big issue with us is comfort. We are both tall and have small children and didn't want them kicking us every time drove in it. Unfortunately at this time my kids are getting a little big and we are looking to down size. But if you are looking for a reliable roomy SUV you can't go wrong with this sequoia.

ROOMY. Comfortable on long trips.

Gas gas gas.